Thread: S&W Shield Sight Pusher?

Site Supporter

S&W Shield Sight Pusher?

In my armorer's "collection" of tools, I currently have MGW sight pushers for Glock, Sig and S&W M&P. Does anybody know of a pusher yet for the Shield??
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

I emailed someone on a forum that manetioned putting nightsights on the Shield. He said that he used this product:
    http://www.sightpusher.com/. I have no idea. I will email you more info.

Here is a link to the thread in question: http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-w...ts-shield.html

Used the old fashion brass punch on mine.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    Used the old fashion brass punch on mine.
    I tried this and the rear sight wouldn't budge. My LGS tried as well with no success. I think mine is actually one piece.

That's not good. Mine shoots about 4 inches left at 15y. Nice groups, just left.

Site Supporter
    I've abandoned the hammer and punch method whenever possible in favor of a dedicated sight pusher. It gives better results from a cosmetic and tritium preservation standpoint. It's also easier to get a more precise adjustment on sights with a pusher over the caveman method.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

To be honest mine was shooting left about 3-4 inches too. I weakened up on the grip strength and it dramatically improved. Since it's a smaller/thinner grip I came to the conclusion that my strong hand was pushing left due to over force. I still want better sights but haven't decided what I want. The trijicon HD set is on the top of the list.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    It's also easier to get a more precise adjustment on sights with a pusher over the caveman method.
    Hmm, This is THE reason I dont like my sight pusher as i cant get the sights center on the slide ( Glock) and I use a dial calipers to do this and typical want them center to within .002 and have MUCH better luck with a punch/hammer doing this. In fact the last three I put on yesterday I finally gave up on the pusher and went to the punch hammer was done in two taps. This is were YMMV really comes into play. LOL
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    Hmm, This is THE reason I dont like my sight pusher as i cant get the sights center on the slide ( Glock) and I use a dial calipers to do this and typical want them center to within .002 and have MUCH better luck with a punch/hammer doing this. In fact the last three I put on yesterday I finally gave up on the pusher and went to the punch hammer was done in two taps. This is were YMMV really comes into play. LOL
    My recent sight swapping efforts have yielded three G17 sight installs with ZERO secondary tweaking. All have been confirmed out to 50 yards. I'll keep my $1.30 brass rod.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List