Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hellcat pro

Quote Originally Posted by skipper49 View Post
    My LGS got 5 of these in yesterday, at the same time I was getting the email from SA announcing it’s introduction.
    I bought the first of the 5, and while I haven’t fired it I am very stoked about it.
    I have two of the original Hellcats, and the one that I shoot is not punishing at all, even with boney, arthritic, almost 73 year old hands. Not the soft shooter my Shield Plus is, but not bad.
    The Pro has great grip, great sights, good trigger for defensive use, and a pleasing balance in the hand.
    I try to reserve commenting on a new gun until I’ve shot it, but at least handled it.
    Got high hopes when I finally get some rounds through it.
    Best,
    Skip
    I saw a video where the presenter stated that the Hellcat Pro had a gen 3 trigger and regular Hellcats had gen 1 and 2 triggers depending on when they were produced. I would be interested in your opinion of the triggers between your Hellcats and Hellcat Pro.

I saw that same Gen 3 trigger comment, and really didn’t know what he was talking about.
    In response to your question, I just tried mine, and honestly can’t perceive any difference between them.

Skip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD0dguAa5WQ

More info and shooting review. Also the +2 baseplate fits and works on the 15 round magazine for one person as does the longer slide on the regular Hellcat. Seems fairly Lego like the 365 family.

I think it may be a better overall package than the 43x S15 combo, will confirm soon.

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    I think it may be a better overall package than the 43x S15 combo, will confirm soon.
    Interested to hear your thoughts on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short version is the trigger was unacceptable to me, long take up, wall is pronounced but feels at least 8lbs and crunchy, reset is ok but pretty weak, so I’m going to have to pass until I see a proven aftermarket or perhaps factory alternative. I will try a couple more out of the box to see if there is any variances from pistol to pistol but for now it’s a no go.

Quick search showed that apex is the only solid option right now, I’ll run that down and give it a go.

Quick search showed that apex is the only solid option right now, I’ll run that down and give it a go.
    I found the Apex in the regular Hellcat to feel just like an Apex in a Gen 5 Glock. Which is to say, pretty damn good.

I just liked the 365 over the Hellcat for reasons other than the trigger.

We tested a couple examples on the trigger gauge, one was 8lbs even the other was 7.5lbs, fwiw.

We tested a couple examples on the trigger gauge, one was 8lbs even the other was 7.5lbs, fwiw.
    Yikes

User Tag List