Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hellcat pro

Hellcat pro

I thought I saw a post about this coming but couldn't find it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqKJzKAXrLI

If this fits somewhere else better feel free to move it mods.

In before obligatory "grip zone" comment.

Guess this is meant to be their answer to the P365X. I guess we're starting to figure out there is a line where we go from "small" to "too small" as things like the P365 X/XL and this become popular in the market. More power to the folks who like them but I found the Hellcat, even the RDP model with the compensator, to be particularly snappy. At least there's no stupid grip safety but maybe that will be in the extra pro model.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    I found the Hellcat, even the RDP model with the compensator, to be particularly snappy. At least there's no stupid grip safety but maybe that will be in the extra pro model.
    I did too but I find the Sign no less snappy, if not more

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Store here made a big thing of being the first in the area with a New Gun.
    Yup, Hellcat Pro.
    Butt is even squarer than a Glock.
    Trigger pull is HEAVY.
    Shallow U notch - ring around tritium sights.

A friend who is a regular shooter of service and match size XDs said "Just get a 365."
    Code Name: JET STREAM

This gets a solid "meh" out of 10 from me.

This is what the market needs, something in between. Enough for comfort, controllability, concealability. I hope others go this route, do not give a rats ass about Sig. Think Walther, Sig, Steyr and would love a CZ this size, or Beretta.

I think Recoil magazine was all up on the socials with a take that someone (Springfield, with this gun) has finally found the CC auto Goldilocks zone again. I have not yet seen them hit local shelves, but I've also had new polymer frame 9mm and support gear fatigue syndrome for a while now.

Dimensions are near a G43X MOS which is a nice gun. I'll be interested in opinions that develop between those two. I wanted to like the original Hellcat but didn't. I'd be preferring an XDS double-stack.

If nothing else I enjoyed the end of the video with the Will Ferrell clips, I'll not be buying anything Springfield moving forward. I do agree this sort of pistol is likely the Goldilocks gun, especially for small handed individuals. I'm leaning to 365XL but still holding out for that 1.5 stack H&K that's been patented yet unreleased. Can it be 2022 NRA Meeting will unveil it?

My LGS got 5 of these in yesterday, at the same time I was getting the email from SA announcing it’s introduction.
    I bought the first of the 5, and while I haven’t fired it I am very stoked about it.
    I have two of the original Hellcats, and the one that I shoot is not punishing at all, even with boney, arthritic, almost 73 year old hands. Not the soft shooter my Shield Plus is, but not bad.
    The Pro has great grip, great sights, good trigger for defensive use, and a pleasing balance in the hand.
    I try to reserve commenting on a new gun until I’ve shot it, but at least handled it.
    Got high hopes when I finally get some rounds through it.
    Best,
    Skip

User Tag List