Thread: Glock Armorers - Help me fix a F' up

Site Supporter

Glock Armorers - Help me fix a F' up

Got a Gen 4 17 - I change out the trigger spring to a NY-1 - most likely have it flipped or improperly. It's been a minute and I thought I knew what I was doing. Obviously not.

So the trigger doesn't click. The problem with that is that I put the slide on. Now I can't get the slide off.

Any help is appreciated. Maybe someone can FaceTime/Skype me through the problem.

Cheers.

Lock the slide back. Remove rear slide plate and pull the striker assembly out. Should not need to pull the trigger to get the slide off now.

Super-quick check in: have you tried turning the gun upside down (slide down, magwell up) to get the slide off? Second check; if the issue is that you *can’t* pull the trigger to de-tension the striker, you can lock the slide back and pull the back plate off to detension the striker that way. That should allow the slide to come off so you can take another run at things in the trigger/connector assembly. Hope that helps.

ETA: or, what Leroy just said…

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

OP, first two posts are spot on.
    In the “Advanced Armorer” course, the instructor cautioned to turn the pistol upside down to prevent the firing pin safety from falling out of the slide and jamming things up. The removal of the slide cover plate is the factory solution.
    Did you happen to remove the connector? That would explain the trigger not disengaging...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    OP, first two posts are spot on.
    In the “Advanced Armorer” course, the instructor cautioned to turn the pistol upside down to prevent the firing pin safety from falling out of the slide and jamming things up. The removal of the slide cover plate is the factory solution.
    Did you happen to remove the connector? That would explain the trigger not disengaging...
    Thank you, gentlemen.

The backing plate (?)/Gadget was much harder getting out then I remember but besides that, the issue is solved. I got everything apart. I had the NY trigger about 120 degrees rotated from what it should be.

OK, a few minutes later. Got it all back together. Good thing Langdon Tactical is making Gadgets another. Me and my screwdriver f'd that thing up. I knew better.

I feel like I am in cognitive decline.

Anyway got the safe and the gun ready for nightstand duty.

User Tag List