Thread: Primary Arms SLx 3X Micro Magnifier w/ ACSS Pegasus

Primary Arms SLx 3X Micro Magnifier w/ ACSS Pegasus

I've just received the newest PA 3X magnifier. This is my first magnifier. I was very concerned when I mounted the magnifier because due to my astigmatism, the pretty much a circle at 1x turned into a red streak going up and to the right. Luckily the diopiter at the rear of the magnifier was able to fix the issue and the streak is now mostly a dot as it is at 1x for my eyes. The glass is good. I have ACOGs on other guns and this magnifier seems just fine clarity wise. The ranging reticle is pretty neat and complements the ACSS optics I have on all my other guns.

I went with the discounted PA flip to the side mount. This mount comes with a small and a large riser plates. The mount includes short/med/long size screws with blue thread locker applied. With the Romeo 5, a sight known to sit higher than an actual Aimpoint, I went with the small riser plate and medium screws. I did test it without a riser on the Romeo 5 and it also worked without any shadow, but the small riser plate seems to put it in a better spot. The magnifier itself DOES NOT come with a mount. The flip to the side is nice and stiff, there's no jiggle happening.

This is a truck gun assembled from parts from other projects. 7.5" Aero barrel with IMI 77Gr Razor Core. I will be adding a backup sight because this would not work with the fixed rear sight I was using.

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-...anging-reticle

I've only mounted it for now. I'll need to go back to the range and see where the POI is and adjust. Out of the box my red dot looks to be inline with the mildot vertical line. I'll probably move both optics further back to compensate for the shorter eye relief when I zero it.
    "Follow me!"

any update on this? Thanks!

User Tag List