Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New CO high hit factors

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    What I have been doing to calculate classifier scores is calculate what the time would be with all A’s to get the baseline slowest time I need to get a x level score. But I know all alphas is likely not going to happen so I also calculate the time necessary for 50% alpha and 50% Charlie’s and also 70% alpha and 30% Charlie. This lets me see how much wiggle room I have on time.
    That's what I did, it's a pretty simple computation.

I now know what time I have to make (assuming all hits, all alphas, all points) for each classifier stage for A, B, etc. based on inverting HHF and using a percentage (75% for A, 60% for B, etc.). I made a three ring binder with all the stage diagrams and information printed out. I put a hard copy of this spreadsheet at the front of the binder, so now when I arrive at a match, I can quickly look up the Classifier that's going to be shot on the spot.

Before, I would turn up at a match, look at the classifier diagram scrawled on a the paper, and basically hope for the best by shooting it as fast as I could, without any regard for what I'm trying to achieve. By having my binder, I feel I am now a lot better prepared to plan my match.

To use in Dry Practice, I've also gone so far as to "group" all the classifiers by common themes; reloads, shooting static groups, etc. Then I've been working on those themes daily, using the 14 Core Classifier skills listed in Book 1 of Steve Anderson's books (well, the CC skills plus the Match Core Drills and Plate Rack Drills, but not as often as the CC Drills.) It's interesting (and good, obviously) that Steve's CC Drill skills pair up well with the many of the common themes found in the 85 Classifier Stages in USPSA.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I now know what time I have to make (assuming all hits, all alphas, all points) for each classifier
    But that’s not helpful because you won’t know what to do with the time NUMBER.

If you had a stage at a match and I told you that a B performance was 19 seconds, would that help you achieve B level performance? Would you finish the stage in 19 seconds?

No because you’re not checking a timer while you’re shooting a stage.

You’re a stubborn man, but your problem solving hasn’t been that effective in getting out of D class in six years. Your current problem solving approach will plateau at C level most likely.

If you break down component parts and internalize and visualize, then you can construct the FEELING and internal cadence to TEACH you exactly what time you’ll need and not just TELL you what the time is.

Context

In 2016, this is where I was at.

Was an outlaw match.

Didn’t try USPSA in earnest until 2019.

2020 looked like this:

That was D level to A level.

And then 2021:

And 2022:

Efficiency matters in this game and wasting time on stuff that doesn’t matter while willfully neglecting the parts that do matter is a recipe for staying C class.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    USPSA updated high hit factors today. I believe these are the changes.

Attachment 85391
    My hands and toes counting suggests 45 of the 86 classifiers were revised in CO.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My hands and toes counting suggests 45 of the 86 classifiers were revised in CO.
    86. Dang it. I looked again, and sure enough I missed another one (21-01 "Trigger Freeze") Can confirm I am tracking 86. Geez, you'd think I could count.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    86. Dang it. I looked again, and sure enough I missed another one (21-01 "Trigger Freeze") Can confirm I am tracking 86. Geez, you'd think I could count.
    There’s a classifier for that . I’ll show myself out now….

User Tag List