Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FYI, Okay Industries ( Surefeed Mags ) will stop production at the end of this year.

FYI, Okay Industries ( Surefeed Mags ) will stop production at the end of this year.

If you prefer Quality Aluminum 30rd and straight 20rd mags... I'd buy some now. ( Not saying there will be a shortage, but , quality "might" slip )

Okay Industries has been making mags for Uncle Sam since WW II. ( M1 Carbine )

IMHO, their 30rd and 20rd Aluminum AR15 mags are the best metal mags produced.... heck they are the standard that every other Aluminum AR15 mag is judged against.

I hope someone will buy the equipment and continue to produce them.

As to why, Okay Industries is going to focus on the Medical Division products... and are fearing there "might" be conflicts between the Mag Division and Medical Division.

Source? Just curious, I don't buy aluminum magazines, but have some friends who do.

Site Supporter
    FUDs gravitating toward PMAGS (and others) due to availability and *looks cool* has hurt the metal mag market. I'm an OKAY/Surefeed guy, but they needed to make them easily available at Brownells, Midway, BCM, OEMs and every local gunstore to stay competitive.

As for the source, I read about it twice in one day, and decided just to call Okay Industries , Surefeed Magazine Division. ( Ph: (860) 225-8707 )

Since then , others have phoned and got the same response.

The Young lady answering the phone said it is true. Surefeed mag production will cease at the end of the year. They are hoping someone will buy the equipment, etc .

Surefeed also sent a "Letter / Notification" to various resellers about ending production.. but no one has posted a copy of said letter.

At this point, if someone is in doubt ( no offense intended to anyone ) .. I would call them. That way they can get the info first hand.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    That's business. I remember when Anheuser Busch sold the Cardinals - to you and me that's huge amounts of money, but wasn't worth it for AB when they're making a lot more elsewhere.

If you simply must have metal mags, the steel Duramags have done well for me. I only have 20 rounders though.

Site Supporter
    It would take 100 years for me to use up all my mags at the rate I shoot an AR, but now I feel like i need another box full . . .

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    LTT needs another product line.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by bfoosh006 View Post
    As for the source, I read about it twice in one day, and decided just to call Okay Industries , Surefeed Magazine Division. ( Ph: (860) 225-8707 )

Since then , others have phoned and got the same response.

The Young lady answering the phone said it is true. Surefeed mag production will cease at the end of the year. They are hoping someone will buy the equipment, etc .

Surefeed also sent a "Letter / Notification" to various resellers about ending production.. but no one has posted a copy of said letter.

At this point, if someone is in doubt ( no offense intended to anyone ) .. I would call them. That way they can get the info first hand.
    FWIW, I dug around and found at least one of the ARFCOM threads that claimed this, and you had posted the same info there. Seems like with your phone call along with what appears to be confirmation from Weapon Outfitters, pretty safe to say that OKAY is exiting the industry. Sucks, hopefully someone will pick up their business as WO is claiming is going to go up for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    FWIW, I dug around and found at least one of the ARFCOM threads that claimed this, and you had posted the same info there. Seems like with your phone call along with what appears to be confirmation from Weapon Outfitters, pretty safe to say that OKAY is exiting the industry. Sucks, hopefully someone will pick up their business as WO is claiming is going to go up for sale.
    WO is confirming this? I'm a surefeed guy, and I buy all my mags through Roy@WO. guess another order is in order

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    WO is confirming this? I'm a surefeed guy, and I buy all my mags through Roy@WO. guess another order is in order
    Quote Originally Posted by weaponoutfitters
    Okay Industries sent me my e-mail today.

They are looking for buyers for their magazine business as well.

We'll be grabbing a pallet or two of their mags, whatever we can afford really.
    Source: https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/...ge=5#i97570473

User Tag List