Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Sheriff's Deputy trampled, gored by loose bull

Can't remember where I heard it, but I've been told that large mammals are more sensitive to an EDW.

I'm not interested in testing the theory.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Can't remember where I heard it, but I've been told that large mammals are more sensitive to an EDW.

I'm not interested in testing the theory.
    That’s consistent with the training Axon (Taser) provides. The more muscle you have, the more muscle gets involved in the neuromuscular incapacitation.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    That’s consistent with the training Axon (Taser) provides. The more muscle you have, the more muscle gets involved in the neuromuscular incapacitation.
    The "fun" would probably have started after the ride was over. We could have tried hoofcuffing under power...

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    The "fun" would probably have started after the ride was over. We could have tried hoofcuffing under power...
    50/50 chance the bull gets up and runs away vs. the bull gets up and gores you?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I saw a bull gore a Toyota Tundra in someone's driveway once. It did a number on the truck, and I was debating whether or not to tase it (cue Forrest Gump "I'm not a smart man") when the owner arrived and got it under control. They are dangerous creatures for sure.
    Again, and as someone Napoleonic in stature, I'll pay for this content.

@blues don't harsh my flow, bro!

Quote Originally Posted by le français View Post
    i saw a bull gore a toyota tundra in someone's driveway once. It did a number on the truck, and i was debating whether or not to tase it (cue forrest gump "i'm not a smart man") when the owner arrived and got it under control. They are dangerous creatures for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by clusterfrack View Post
    i would pay at least $100 to see you tase a rampaging bull. Thanks for the chuckle. I needed that.
    Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    i will help fund this pool, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    c'mon now...frenchy is one of the good guys around these parts. I don't want to see him end up a hood ornament.
    Name:  P4FZPW43JVA2HPW5BX5ON3QYBU.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  43.3 KB

and in this corner, wearing no trunks at aalll, we have 1,900 pounds of pissed off testosterone with horns.................
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

I can supply a headshot if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    I can supply a headshot if needed.
    We had a rodeo one night with a yearling bull that somehow ended up on an Interstate. The first unit that responded was flagged down by a witness on an off ramp and promptly rear ended by a motorist with resulting injuries. As senior LT I responded and was taking a statement in my cruiser while a reconstructionist worked the scene.

Half way thru I watched a half dozen volunteer firemen run past chasing said yearling. Feeling like I’m in Super Troopers Pt III, I radioed the sergeant who was coordinating the blocking of the ramp that if the beastie tried to get on the interstate proper we needed to destroy it. “YES SIR!”

Fifteen or twenty minutes later I hear one of our younger guys on the radio, out of breath and excited “Sarge, I got him!”. Seems my hypothetical became a kill order and our guy chased the little fellow a quarter mile up the mountain and shot it. Eight times in the head with a .40S&W. He’s a firearms instructor and hunter, apparently the immature beef was unimpressed with handgun ballistics.

Most of the ranchers I know use .22 shotshells around bulls, if needed.
    #RESIST

User Tag List