Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Sheriff's Deputy trampled, gored by loose bull

Site Supporter

Louisiana Sheriff's Deputy trampled, gored by loose bull

Louisiana sheriff’s deputy trampled, gored by loose bull
    Cowboys from Texas auction captured the bull

https://www.ksat.com/news/texas/2022...by-loose-bull/

SHREVEPORT, La. – A Louisiana sheriff’s deputy is recovering after being trampled and gored in the leg by a bull.

It happened just after 2:30 p.m. Monday as Caddo Parish Sheriff’s Stock Patrol Sgt. Gary Bailey responded to calls from several drivers about a bull on the loose in south Shreveport.

The animal reacted aggressively and attacked Bailey when he tried to capture it, the sheriff's office said in a news release.

Bailey was taken to an area hospital, where he was treated and released.

Meantime, cowboys from the Panola County, Texas, livestock auction captured the bull. Its owner has decided to have the animal sold at auction due to its aggressive behavior.
    Caddo Sheriff's Stock Patrol deputy was injured in a loose livestock call earlier today, said Sheriff Steve Prator.

Just after 2:30 p.m. several drivers called in about a bull running around the 5000 block of Williams Road. Stock Patrol Sgt. Gary Bailey responded to the scene and attempted to capture the bull. The bull reacted aggressively, trampled and gored Sgt. Bailey in the leg.

Deputies transported Sgt. Bailey to an area hospital where he was treated for his injuries.

Meanwhile, cowboys from the Panola Livestock Auction came to capture the bull. The owner of the bull decided to have the animal sold at auction due to its aggressive behavior.

Site Supporter
    I saw a bull gore a Toyota Tundra in someone's driveway once. It did a number on the truck, and I was debating whether or not to tase it (cue Forrest Gump "I'm not a smart man") when the owner arrived and got it under control. They are dangerous creatures for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    I saw a bull gore a Toyota Tundra in someone's driveway once. It did a number on the truck, and I was debating whether or not to tase it (cue Forrest Gump "I'm not a smart man") when the owner arrived and got it under control. They are dangerous creatures for sure.
    I would pay at least $100 to see you tase a rampaging bull. Thanks for the chuckle. I needed that.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Louisiana sheriff’s deputy trampled, gored by loose bull
    Cowboys from Texas auction captured the bull

https://www.ksat.com/news/texas/2022...by-loose-bull/
    LE responsibility should end once the animal rights activist hotline answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I would pay at least $100 to see you tase a rampaging bull. Thanks for the chuckle. I needed that.
    If anyone points a red Taser at you run away. Fast.

Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I carry a box of 12ga slugs tucked away in my duty bag for large game (all our shotguns are less lethal) for situations like this.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Awesome.

Name:  BullTaser.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  34.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    If anyone points a red Taser at you run away. Fast.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I’d been out of the academy about three weeks. I came in for the three PM shift, the chief was yelling on the radio for us to get on the road. A cow had escaped from a pen a the Landmark property. They had got it onto the state patrol property. For some reason our day shift sergeant fired at at it or it charged him first (1989, my memory is a little fuzzy) with a Dutch loaded shotgun. It hit him head on. We got there about the time they were putting him in the ambulance. The trauma plate in his vest was bent. The shotgun was sticking in the ground muzzle first. Mt FTO and a trooper moved up on the cow and finished her off with a couple slugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I will help fund this pool, please.

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    I will help fund this pool, please.
    C'mon now...Frenchy is one of the good guys around these parts. I don't want to see him end up a hood ornament.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List