Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Try to carry the best you can do. Means What? CDW4ME ... That's funny.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    When a new guy comes on the board and starts a thread like this, the phrase "know your audience" immediately comes to mind..
    Pretty much. I expected this thread to GD or Romper Room pretty quickly. I've not been disappointed. New members are not always a good fit here, so we'll see where this one goes.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

When a new guy comes on the board and starts a thread like this, the phrase "know your audience" immediately comes to mind..

It is little wonder why so many of the guys in the industry have chosen to move on.

Crap like this reminds me of ARFCOM

I had a 2 + hour conversation this last weekend with someone many of us know and is highly respected in the industry (and has been for 20+ years) and this very topic came up. We discussed how there has been a proliferation of self-appointed experts.

The [I]"I have been shooting for 4 & a half years now and attended 3 classes, so I am pretty much a complete expert at everything, just ask me. Even if you don't, I will tell you anyways.

I carried a 4" .44 Magnum today, loaded with actual mag loads, a spare 6 rounds of .44 Special and a pretty mediocre pocket knife.

I did not die.
    Haven’t I read somewhere that bigotry intended target is somewhat important…?

I’d rather my daughter have a .22 than harsh language-just sayin’…

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I was stuck at step 3 for years, carrying a Sig P220 or USP45 in a cheap Blackhawk holster. Honestly I didn't know what I didn't know. This thread sure reminds me of my time wallowing in Step 3.
    I was in the same spot when I got my carry permit. Taurus PT111 Millennium in an Uncle Mikes IWB holster small of back!!!!!! [emoji869] And that was an upgrade from the Ruger P95 in a no name OWB leather holster with a small hook that basically made the heavy rig flop around and push out from the tshirt. After the PT111 came the PT145 in a AIWB position using the same Uncle Mike's IWB holster. All this was early 00s and since I wasn't really into computers or the internet.....I didn't even realize I could search this kind of stuff and that forums exist until around 2010

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    You missed the point entirely.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Try to carry the best you can do. Means What? CDW4ME ... That's funny.

It is little wonder why so many of the guys in the industry have chosen to move on.

Crap like this reminds me of ARFCOM

I had a 2 + hour conversation this last weekend with someone many of us know and is highly respected in the industry (and has been for 20+ years) and this very topic came up. We discussed how there has been a proliferation of self-appointed experts.

The "I have been shooting for 4 & a half years now and attended 3 classes, so I am pretty much a complete expert at everything, just ask me. Even if you don't, I will tell you anyways.".

I carried a 4" .44 Magnum today, loaded with actual mag loads, a spare 6 rounds of .44 Special and a pretty mediocre pocket knife.

I did not die.
    Glad you're still with us @Lost River--and still on the Forum. But, I'm not happy with the claim that "proliferation of self-appointed experts" pushes industry SME's away from P-F. This comes up virtually every time something like this thread gets posted.

The culture of P-F is hopefully way better than Arfcom, but even Shitty Mods and loyal members can't keep that guy on the Internet from being That Guy on the Internet. Every SME knows that--if they're not willing to put in the work to keep P-F a place worth their time, that's a sad thing indeed. I'd rather think about That Guy as an opportunity to teach new members something valuable, and remind current members about some of the excellent material in the P-F archives.

As I post this, there are over 2000 people online, about 250 members and 1750 guests. Let's show them how P-F is the best forum on the Internet.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 03-03-2022 at 01:55 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Speaking only for myself, but posts that try to make primary points using multiple memes and GIFs cause me to go on nearly instant ignore. This ain’t Reddit.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Mah spoon is *too* big.
    How have I reached 59 years of age without seeing this short? I almost pissed myself, but then again I’m 59…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    As I post this, there are over 2000 people online, about 250 members and 1750 guests. Let's show them how P-F is the best forum on the Internet.
    I'm still a random noob, I've taken two basic classes, own one gun, and two holsters, and PF has become 95% of my firearms related content intake.

I did not die.
    You're lucky. Carrying your own reloads is the number one cause of death in gunfights. I know that because I saw it on the internet.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

How long should I wait before starting "a thread like this". (rhetorical)
    Try to carry your best (rather than "better than nothing") inexplicably riles some.
    Some guy on the internet suggested I always try to carry a handgun I would prefer to defend myself with. OMG, the gall.
    Strive to carry the handgun you would want anywhere, everywhere; forget that good area bullcrap.
    "Wouldn't want to / Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

User Tag List