Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Try to carry the best you can do. Means What? CDW4ME ... That's funny.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    Even in a good neighborhood I don't need to take a G17 and 2 reloads to the store. I mean it's possible that Hans and his team of E.Germans take over the local Whole Foods in search of untraceable bonds but probably not. It's possible something can happen and for that I'll take a 380.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    On the flip side, it's probably less trouble to carry a mid/full size gun to the store for a few minutes than all day long.

Would I be ok with 7-8 rounds or less*? In all honesty, probably. Not gonna rehash the 3/3/3 Rule right now. I'd also probably be ok running my truck down to 3 miles to empty...but you just never know, so I like to have a little more gas on tap.

*If it's a .45 1911 you're fine

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    On the flip side, it's probably less trouble to carry a mid/full size gun to the store for a few minutes than all day long.

Would I be ok with 7-8 rounds or less*? In all honesty, probably. Not gonna rehash the 3/3/3 Rule right now. I'd also probably be ok running my truck down to 3 miles to empty...but you just never know, so I like to have a little more gas on tap.

*If it's a .45 1911 you're fine
    Actually I find it easy to carry a G17/19 type all day, and that's what I do. My small gun is a G19. However, running a mile up to the store I don't feel like having to go and change into jeans, holster, ...etc . ..when I can just throw a 380 in my sweats/shorts pocket

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post

Mah spoon is *too* big.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    My carry philosophy is: Try to carry a handgun you would prefer to defend yourself with, everywhere.
    Work, mowing the yard, wearing a bathing suit, (examples) obviously may hamper carrying a handgun the qualifies as preferred.

That said, to elaborate...
    You own a 1911/Glock 19/Shield/Sig 365 (which you shoot better) and a LCP/38Snub.
    The 1911/Glock19/Shield/Sig35 is preferred, try to carry that everywhere. The 38snub/LCP could be a 2nd gun (AKA "back-up).

CDW4ME are you saying carry the 1911/Glock19/Shield/Sig365 for a "quick trip to the store" in a "good area"?
    Me: Yes.!
    Some people's response:

Me: Try to carry "Best you can do" rather than "Better than nothing" ... everywhere.
    Some people's response: Is CDW4ME, a stranger on the internet, trying to ... "TELL ME WHAT TO DO?"
    Me:

Some people's response to that:

Me:

CDW4ME says carry a gun I'd prefer to defend myself with for a "quick trip to the store" in a "good area". LOL Ain't nobody got time for that. (response from some)
    "A superior person disciplines himself while an inferior person disciplines others,”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Mah spoon is *too* big.
    Yeah it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Mah spoon is *too* big.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Yeah it is.
    I loved those but had no idea the origin story.

One quick Google later and the remastered original film for anyone interested:

I love your philosophy of carry what you prefer to defend yourself.

Now I just need to find a better AIWB holster for it.

Some other poster said it right “How did I get so many holsters”. I actually laughed out loud when I read that.

When a new guy comes on the board and starts a thread like this, the phrase "know your audience" immediately comes to mind..

It is little wonder why so many of the guys in the industry have chosen to move on.

Crap like this reminds me of ARFCOM

I had a 2 + hour conversation this last weekend with someone many of us know and is highly respected in the industry (and has been for 20+ years) and this very topic came up. We discussed how there has been a proliferation of self-appointed experts.

The "I have been shooting for 4 & a half years now and attended 3 classes, so I am pretty much a complete expert at everything, just ask me. Even if you don't, I will tell you anyways.".

I carried a 4" .44 Magnum today, loaded with actual mag loads, a spare 6 rounds of .44 Special and a pretty mediocre pocket knife.

I did not die.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I think you’re missing the point of a snubby or other pocket carry gun. It’s not just that it’s smaller than a G19, it’s that it serves a different role.

Why is a Shield in the same “full size” gun list as a G19? Is it capacity, caliber, size, or just what you shoot better?

And what do you mean by shoot better? Better accuracy? Splits? SHO from retention while someone is punching you?
    I had in the OP they shot it (Shield/Glock 19) better. Also said the snubby could be a "back-up" or 2nd gun.
    Strive to carry the handgun you would want anywhere, everywhere; forget that good area bullcrap.
    "Wouldn't want to / Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    Different guns for different reasons.
    Even in a good neighborhood I don't need to take a G17 and 2 reloads to the store. I mean it's possible that Hans and his team of E.Germans take over the local Whole Foods in search of untraceable bonds but probably not. It's possible something can happen and for that I'll take a 380.
    Strive to carry the handgun you would want anywhere, everywhere; forget that good area bullcrap.
    "Wouldn't want to / Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

User Tag List