Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Try to carry the best you can do. Means What? CDW4ME ... That's funny.

Just stumbled across this one... It's the opposite of what PF stand for but it's so true most everywhere else I couldn't help but laugh.

Drive the car you plan on escaping Zombie Apocalypse every day!!!

You guys are obviously going to get kilt on the streets if you’re not driving one of these!!!!

Name:  CFC07150-4A30-44FB-96D1-4D72DC43D198.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  19.7 KB

Am I doing this right?

Name:  8F43E512-63F4-444C-9402-7068AA481DCA.jpeg
Views: 432
Size:  60.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    You seem to re-post some kind of re-assembled version of the same thoughts quite a bit since you joined.

Is the issue just that you feel you're not being listened to?
    If he feels that way, he's right.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    To answer your question, for eight speed loaders I recommend a spandex chest belt worn under a cover garment.
    So you wear a bra filled with speedloaders?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    What if they shoot that snub/LCP better than you shoot your Glock 17? Define "quite well" and in what conditions. Targets and timers, please. I see you ignored this the first time, but I'll repeat myself. Pick a drill and I bet JCN shoots it better with a .380 with no sights then you shoot your Glock 17.

What is "best" in your context? What objective measurements are you using. For a long time, the gun I shot best was a 1911. But I found during force on force training that I could not deactivate the grip and thumb safety 100% reliably while entangled. Should I carry a 1911? Or, are the marginal differences in accuracy and split times completely overwhelmed by the handicap in entangled fights? Nobody is triggered or fishing for your compliment, just trying to help you understand that you don't know what you don't know and that you aren't really accomplishing what you think you are with your bumper sticker advise.

Read this thread on a bit deeper dive into selecting a carry gun: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....y-gun-decision If you want to go much, much further there's some older threads on TDA vs striker fired, the value of a 'people management trigger' vs raw performance, etc.

To quote myself from that thread:

For a carry gun I require:

1) It's easy to NOT shoot when I don't want to shoot.
    2) It's easy to shoot when I DO want to shoot.
    3) It's dead-nuts reliable.
    4) It can be carried during the activity I intend to carry it during (ie, jogging is not the same as on duty)
    5) It is something I can reliably index on command.

Then questions of objective performance come in to play. I like "finding your level" as a drill since it gives you reasonable accuracy standards with short strings of fire (1, 2, 3, and 4 round strings).
    Its not them versus me.
    It them carrying the best they can do / gun they shoot the best when possible.

Jogging is not the same as on duty, agreed.
    Back to my example of myself. (I actually did carry a Glock 17 when on duty 30 years ago, but that is irrelevant to the thread and to my point)
    Jogging & push mowing the yard, for those activities a PM9 is chosen because I'm wearing gym shorts.
    Walking the dogs, errands, shopping, I'm wearing shorts, belt, untucked shirt and Glock 17 AIWB.
    The Glock 17 is what I would prefer in hand if I had to defend myself so I carry that whenever possible with zero factoring of threat assessment, anticipated threat, "mission".
    It is carried whenever possible because the 17 is easier to shoot quick & accurate than the PM9. (Again, this is just me, not me versus other people)

So, lets say somebody on here is like me in that they have a PM9 and a Glock 17 and just like me they shoot the Glock 17 better.
    The difference is that they only carry the Glock 17 when they feel the need, when going to a "bad area" - I'm going to encourage carrying the 17 everywhere.
    Are they going to do that? Probably not. They may even say you can't tell me what to do. (Ironic, that anyone would think I could). Just like in the OP
    Strive to carry the handgun you would want anywhere, everywhere; forget that good area bullcrap.
    "Wouldn't want to / Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    I’m genuinely curious, what reaction were you hoping for when you started this thread?
    The thread is for discussion, perhaps some people will ponder my ideas and even one might implement change for better.
    Strive to carry the handgun you would want anywhere, everywhere; forget that good area bullcrap.
    "Wouldn't want to / Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post

Anyway, I’ll sum this thread up from my quick-read:

Florida Man gives unqualified, unsolicited “advice” to community far beyond OP’s capabilities and gets indignant when called on it.
    If I come off as indignant it is unintentional.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Anytime someone says “I shoot very well” my ears perk up.

Can you define your opinion on this or better yet post a video of you shooting it?

@ASH556 this is the “show me how you know” kind of discussion.

@CDW4ME I would love the challenge of matching or beating your Glock 17 “very well” performance with increasingly small and shitty guns.

I own a Taurus Curve….

It not me versus you, or anyone else.
    Very well means I can average 1/4 second splits on a 6 inch circle at 10 yards, no video.
    Again, its not me versus whoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    You seem to re-post some kind of re-assembled version of the same thoughts quite a bit since you joined.

Is the issue just that you feel you're not being listened to?
    Well at least you see I'm consistent.
    As far as being listened to, its unlikely.

User Tag List