Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Try to carry the best you can do. Means What? CDW4ME ... That's funny.

Try to carry the best you can do. Means What? CDW4ME ... That's funny.

My carry philosophy is: Try to carry a handgun you would prefer to defend yourself with, everywhere.
    Work, mowing the yard, wearing a bathing suit, (examples) obviously may hamper carrying a handgun the qualifies as preferred.

That said, to elaborate...
    You own a 1911/Glock 19/Shield/Sig 365 (which you shoot better) and a LCP/38Snub.
    The 1911/Glock19/Shield/Sig35 is preferred, try to carry that everywhere. The 38snub/LCP could be a 2nd gun (AKA "back-up).

CDW4ME are you saying carry the 1911/Glock19/Shield/Sig365 for a "quick trip to the store" in a "good area"?
    Me: Yes.!
    Some people's response:

Me: Try to carry "Best you can do" rather than "Better than nothing" ... everywhere.
    Some people's response: Is CDW4ME, a stranger on the internet, trying to ... "TELL ME WHAT TO DO?"
    Me:

Some people's response to that:

Me:

CDW4ME says carry a gun I'd prefer to defend myself with for a "quick trip to the store" in a "good area". LOL Ain't nobody got time for that. (response from some)
    Strive to carry the handgun you would want anywhere, everywhere; forget that good area bullcrap.
    "Wouldn't want to / Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    My carry philosophy is: Try to carry a handgun you would prefer to defend yourself with, everywhere.
    Work, mowing the yard, wearing a bathing suit, (examples) obviously may hamper carrying a handgun the qualifies as preferred.

That said, to elaborate...
    You own a 1911/Glock 19/Shield/Sig 365 (which you shoot better) and a LCP/38Snub.
    The 1911/Glock19/Shield/Sig35 is preferred, try to carry that everywhere. The 38snub/LCP could be a 2nd gun (AKA "back-up).

CDW4ME are you saying carry the 1911/Glock19/Shield/Sig365 for a "quick trip to the store" in a "good area"?
    Me: Yes.!
    Some people's response:

Me: Try to carry "Best you can do" rather than "Better than nothing" ... everywhere.
    Some people's response: Is CDW4ME, a stranger on the internet, trying to ... "TELL ME WHAT TO DO?"
    Me:

Some people's response to that:

Me:

CDW4ME says carry a gun I'd prefer to defend myself with for a "quick trip to the store" in a "good area". LOL Ain't nobody got time for that. (response from some)
    You forgot the "Not the boss of me" meme.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    I think that’s totally valid and I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that.

The question is:

Do you feel that others have to share your opinion to be valid?

Do you need validation of your philosophy for it to be valid?

Do you entertain the possibility that there are other valid opinions?

My philosophy is:
    Carry something you can crush rigorous shooting standards with.
    If you can’t pass them, train harder or get an easier gun to shoot.

For example, with a snub I’m a better shot than a lot of keyboard commandos are with their Glocks.

I don’t really feel their opinions are really applicable to me if they’re not objectively good with the guns they have.

I care more about absolute skill than relative skill.
    Last edited by JCN; 03-02-2022 at 02:17 PM.

I think you’re missing the point of a snubby or other pocket carry gun. It’s not just that it’s smaller than a G19, it’s that it serves a different role.

Why is a Shield in the same “full size” gun list as a G19? Is it capacity, caliber, size, or just what you shoot better?

And what do you mean by shoot better? Better accuracy? Splits? SHO from retention while someone is punching you?
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I think you’re missing the point of a snubby or other pocket carry gun. It’s not just that it’s smaller than a G19, it’s that it serves a different role.

Why is a Shield in the same “full size” gun list as a G19? Is it capacity, caliber, size, or just what you shoot better?

And what do you mean by shoot better? Better accuracy? Splits? SHO from retention while someone is punching you?
    I rarely ever see videos of these internet advisers actually shooting.

It’s curious.

Without context it’s hard to tell if it’s some dude living in his mom’s basement.

Name:  70FD590E-C68A-4D6D-BA0A-E37743415778.jpeg
Views: 1235
Size:  38.5 KB

Because what if the advice is coming from this?

Name:  9C35D785-8DD2-4BCF-B95D-6A0EB809E1F8.jpg
Views: 1238
Size:  33.2 KB

Moving this thread to GD.

Carry on...
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I rarely ever see videos of these internet advisers actually shooting.

It’s curious.

Without context it’s hard to tell if it’s some dude living in his mom’s basement.

Name:  70FD590E-C68A-4D6D-BA0A-E37743415778.jpeg
Views: 1235
Size:  38.5 KB

Because what if the advice is coming from this?

Name:  9C35D785-8DD2-4BCF-B95D-6A0EB809E1F8.jpg
Views: 1238
Size:  33.2 KB
    Not everyone has time to film themselves then edit video or has a range that allows video or wants to put their stuff on line. Just saying! Lots of legit reasons besides living in the basement.

Different guns for different reasons.
    Even in a good neighborhood I don't need to take a G17 and 2 reloads to the store. I mean it's possible that Hans and his team of E.Germans take over the local Whole Foods in search of untraceable bonds but probably not. It's possible something can happen and for that I'll take a 380.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    Not everyone has time to film themselves then edit video or has a range that allows video or wants to put their stuff on line. Just saying! Lots of legit reasons besides living in the basement.
    Yes, lots of legit reasons.

But there are a lot of talkers online and it’s very hard to separate the talkers from the doers without a visual.

So legit or not, without some kind of contextual skill it’s hard to tell the basement dwelling mall ninjas from the prudent practitioners.

P.S. I usually post videos from the range in real time from my phone. It’s quick and easy with modern apps.

Even a post-target would suffice contextually.

Site Supporter
    Once again, I present the 12 step P-F sidearm selection cycle:

Step 1 - Buy/Own a pistol
    Step 2 - Take it to the range, shoot it at cans and random $1 silhouette targets; Why am I always shooting low and left; CHL permit+Cheap Holster.
    Step 3 - blahblahblahblahblahblah
    Step 4 - Get your world rocked by seeing a truly skilled pistol shooter in action. Buy the same Glock 17/Beretta 92/Sig 320/CZ they had and take a real class.
    Step 5 - Realize you shoot a S&W M&P/Beretta 92/Glock/(Other Gun) better during the class; Cheap holsters suck; Discover shot timer phone apps are garbage.
    Step 6 - Buy six flavors of the Beretta/Glock/Sig/(Other Gun) and matching quality holsters; Drill of the Week; Dry fire practice
    Step 7 - 1911...Oooohhhhhhhh SHINY!!! New Springfield Hi-Power? NEAT!
    Step 8 - Take another class; how did I end up with so many holsters; dot torture; doing well on the IDPA classifier now
    Step 9 - Distracted diversion to HK/CZ/Sig/M&P/[Other Gun]; sell off guns and holsters to buy more guns and holsters
    Step 10 - REVOLVERS, BY GOD!
    Step 11 - New Tech Timmy Time/RDO cuts and plates and thread locker hell/Roland Specials/'What about a (other gun)?'
    Step 12 - Return to Step 3 or 4, lather, rinse, repeat.

I was stuck at step 3 for years, carrying a Sig P220 or USP45 in a cheap Blackhawk holster. Honestly I didn't know what I didn't know. This thread sure reminds me of my time wallowing in Step 3.

User Tag List