Thread: Responsible persons questionnaire form 1

Responsible persons questionnaire form 1

I swear if there isn't so much confusing info out there on ATF and NFA stuff. I've seen completely different responses on different web pages, youtube videos, and even depending on who you talk to at the LGS.

If someone knows of a site that is absolutely spot on correct on all things ATF/NFA, i'd love to hear about it.

Doing my first form 1 for SBR, trust applicant.

On the responsible persons form, section 4 asks questions about the firearm.

Do i enter the correct info for the firearm as it is now in its original configuration, current maker's name and serial #; or as it's going to be once it has been made into an SBR??

Also, Do i need to fill out the last two "CLEO COPY" pages on the pdf, or is that something ATF handles? (and does the atf mail the info to cleo or do i have to)

Thanks
    Last edited by ccmdfd; 03-01-2022 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Do i enter the correct info for the firearm as it is now in its original configuration, current maker's name and serial #; or as it's going to be once it has been made into an SBR??
    You're describing the firearm as it will be once the form is approved and you make it.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Also, Do i need to fill out the last two "CLEO COPY" pages on the pdf, or is that something ATF handles? (and does the atf mail the info to cleo or do i have to)
    You need to fill those pages in too. Are you filling out the PDF in your browser? It's been awhile since I did a form 1 on paper but IIRC if you open it in Acrobat it will automatically take the info from the pages where you've already entered data and copy it to other pages.

You need to mail the CLEO copy to the CLEO you've chosen.

The manufacturer and serial number information on the 5320.23 should match the manufacturer and serial number information on the Form 4.

YOU must complete the CLEO copies and send to the CLEO. If you use Acrobat (even Acrobat Reader) and not the built-in PDF viewer in your browser, the second page will auto-populate.

Decided to ask the ATF.

"Good Morning,

Yes, you would indicate the original manufacturers name, the engraved model/Serial Number (unless you plan to engrave a new one – Optional), specific caliber and then the barrel and overall lengths for the firearm after you convert it to an SBR.

Providing photos with the submission is also very helpful when we are reviewing these applications"

I didn't realize that engraving a new SN was optional. Thought it was a requirement.

Optional and I would say generally a bad idea.

User Tag List