Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blanket denials of Form 1 suppressers.

Blanket denials of Form 1 suppressers.

Several people on different forums have reported getting denial letters from the ATF for their Form 1 application for making a silencer. The reason for the rejections is.

Attachment 85311

It doesn’t seem to have anything to do with solvent traps because the people submitting the applications are not tell the ATF that they are making them out of solvent traps.
    I submitted my latest form 1 on the 11th of Feb and have not heard anything on it yet.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Several people on different forums have reported getting denial letters from the ATF for their Form 1 application for making a silencer. The reason for the rejections is.

Attachment 85311

It doesn’t seem to have anything to do with solvent traps because the people submitting the applications are not tell the ATF that they are making them out of solvent traps.
    I submitted my latest form 1 on the 11th of Feb and have not heard anything on it yet.
    It’s a blanket denial of all form 1 solvent traps from what I have read. The ATF is saying the trap without the hole is already a silencer. Some one claiming to be the owner of Quite Bore posted something on the Reddit NFA group about it.

Quote Originally Posted by 23JAZ View Post
    It’s a blanket denial of all form 1 solvent traps from what I have read. The ATF is saying the trap without the hole is already a silencer. Some one claiming to be the owner of Quite Bore posted something on the Reddit NFA group about it.
    Yes the ATF is coming down on banning solvent traps, but when you submit a form 1 the ATF doesn't know if you are making it out of a solvent trap or not. There is no way they could unless you tell them in the application. Plus not all solvent traps are automatically considered a suppressor. If the trap is able to be used to catch solvent and the end cap is not dimpled to guide a drill then it is not consisted a suppressor.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

This guy says it apparently depends on who your agent is

In some of his prior videos he basically says what was posted above; the ATF considers the solvent traps to already be suppressors and they should have been form 4'd, not 1.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    This guy says it apparently depends on who your agent is

In some of his prior videos he basically says what was posted above; the ATF considers the solvent traps to already be suppressors and they should have been form 4'd, not 1.
    That has apparently changed, and they all need to be turned in.

https://blog.princelaw.com/2022/02/2...hine-products/

What in the actual F?

How can they not expect a legal challenge?

"We decided that thing that we approved and you registered is no longer legal. Destroy it or else"

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    What in the actual F?

How can they not expect a legal challenge?

"We decided that thing that we approved and you registered is no longer legal. Destroy it or else"
    The ATF position will be that the item was already legally a silencer when it was supposedly registered, and therefore the item was contraband at that time. You can't make contraband into not-contraband by registering it.

You can't register an unregistered firearm that already exists. Not even a C2 SOT can do that. LE agencies can, but the NFA firearm is limited to being possessed by governmental entities only.

Site Supporter
    ATF claims that they are only denying forms where they can identify that the silencer to be "made" was from a kit that (in ATF's view) was already a "silencer" under federal law. It seems that several of the people with denied forms are contesting that claim because they intended to make their silencer from raw materials instead of an alleged "kit."

So, I guess the “approved” way to utilize building aids would be to form 1 the build and then acquire the materials only after the stamp comes through? That sounds risky, what happens if the supplier goes TU during the process?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List