Thread: Anyone using a Rapid Force duty holster?

Anyone using a Rapid Force duty holster?

Since I've become somewhat disenfranchised with Safariland over the last few years I've started looking hard at other options.

Anyone running an Alien Gear Rapid Force duty holster?

I was initially turned off based on their garbage concealment holsters, but the duty holster seems pretty well thought out.

I have a T&E on the way.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    Since I've become somewhat disenfranchised with Safariland over the last few years I've started looking hard at other options.

Anyone running an Alien Gear Rapid Force duty holster?

I was initially turned off based on their garbage concealment holsters, but the duty holster seems pretty well thought out.

I have a T&E on the way.
    We have several we've been working with for the last few months. Our DT guys are working with it now. Pros: draw is very fast, faster than an ALS. Pretty intuitive, and easy for an ALS user to adapt to. The holster is also very adaptable to the individual, with ride height, cant, and release lever height all adjustable. It holds the gun securely with or without a light attached, and is DG switch compatible.

Cons: construction is kinda complicated, with a LOT of little screws holding it together. You gotta keep on top of that. It is possible to miss the button that releases the spring loaded hood and screw up the draw....but thats largely a training issue.

Of concern to us is that they do not have equivalent plainclothes models yet.....especially for the gun/light combos we're looking at. And my opinion of their current concealment lineup mirrors yours.

Bottom line is that as a duty holster, we were more interested than we thought we'd be. I dont think someone would be I'll served with it.....other than the lack of a plain clothes option.

Still liking the Blackhawk T Series a little more than these. And they are developing more plainclothes options to fit our needs.

I'd look at US Duty Gear. They're a Safariland reboot made here in the US. I have two Rapid Force holsters for T&E.

With the caveat that I prefer thumb safeties on handguns ... both the Rapid Force and the Blackhawk T series were designed around Glocks and probably safety-less Sigs. The release mechanism(s) are placed away from the thumb safeties and in ways that require one or two distinctly different manipulations to release the pistol and then get to where the safety is.

The good news ... neither have broken in spite of landing on them (empty) during range sessions.

Wondering if there are any more recent conclusions about the Rapid Force? I am apparently going to be forced to change gun and thus, holster. Safariland is the issue holster but I could possibly get away with an AlienGear as a T&E project. Blackhawk does not make a duty holster for S&W.

US duty gear is probably an option but the retention/release design of the Rapid Force interests me.

Quote Originally Posted by jd950 View Post
    Wondering if there are any more recent conclusions about the Rapid Force? I am apparently going to be forced to change gun and thus, holster. Safariland is the issue holster but I could possibly get away with an AlienGear as a T&E project. Blackhawk does not make a duty holster for S&W.

US duty gear is probably an option but the retention/release design of the Rapid Force interests me.
    I am not LEO but I tested a Comp-Tec CT3 versus Rapid Force and I liked the positive release of the CT3 better. Not sure if that's an option for you?

https://www.comp-tac.com/ct3-level-i...market%20today.

The Rapid Force felt a little cheap and flimsy comparatively.

User Tag List