Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Larry Vickers "The Test"

I’ve mentioned the difficulties I have with the test and 45 acp.

Well today I ran it with my favorite 1911, a Wilson Combat CQB with a few Wilson upgrades. Blended magwell, ambi bullet prof safety and WC combat sights. It was not from concealment but I was using a Safariland ALS retention holster.

The run felt fantastic, good fast clean draw. Shot the X right out of the target for a perfect 100 score, I thought yes that was outstanding. Then I glanced at my timer a 10.27, #*&$ I could have cried failed again.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I’ve mentioned the difficulties I have with the test and 45 acp.

Well today I ran it with my favorite 1911, a Wilson Combat CQB with a few Wilson upgrades. Blended magwell, ambi bullet prof safety and WC combat sights. It was not from concealment but I was using a Safariland ALS retention holster.

The run felt fantastic, good fast clean draw. Shot the X right out of the target for a perfect 100 score, I thought yes that was outstanding. Then I glanced at my timer a 10.27, #*&$ I could have cried failed again.
    @Crusader, I’m going to be a rationalizing enabler…
    Hackathorn used to give .30 seconds for the buzzer, and I think that’s an old practical shooting rule too.
    FWIW-and you don’t pay anything for my opinion, I think that’s a solid run! I’d take it!

Well finally past the Test with a 45acp, had to go to my Glock 41. If I failed it with that I was gonna give up shooting, a 97 in 9.54.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    @Crusader, I’m going to be a rationalizing enabler…
    Hackathorn used to give .30 seconds for the buzzer, and I think that’s an old practical shooting rule too.
    FWIW-and you don’t pay anything for my opinion, I think that’s a solid run! I’d take it!
    The .30 second allowance is generally used on stages where the shooter is penalized for an overtime shot. I've shot this once years ago in Vickers class. Most were shooting 9mm, a couple of 40 shooters at most. I was shooting my 1911 45 with semi wadcutters, my regular major power factor loads I shoot in USPSA . He only scored all in the black or not. I had 10 round mags. I shot it in 8.5 all in the black. The clean 45 holes looked huge after all the 9mm round nose targets. That was my highlight of the class. It was supposed to be the first time Vickers and Leatham taught a class together but Leatham ended up getting hurt before the class.

The Test from low ready with a p365xl (macro frame and eps carry circle dot). Unfortunately didn't pass on time.

Name:  20231124_084936.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  48.2 KB

Except for that one that dropped in the 8 ring that’s really nice grouping, got a feeling you’ll be passing the teat in no time at all.

Whenever I shot a string and have that one shot pulled, I always think about Super Troopers. What this little guy here, you don’t need to worry about that little guy.

Except for that one that dropped in the 8 ring that’s really nice grouping, got a feeling you’ll be passing the teat in no time at all.

Whenever I shot a string and have that one shot pulled, I always think about Super Troopers. What this little guy here, you don’t need to worry about that little guy.
    Haha yup love that line

With a slimline my passing this is probably 50% or so. Usually I am betwen 9.51 to 10.65 so that is my band. Could def have sped up this last set though

got a feeling you’ll be passing the teat in no time at all.
    Wut?

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Wut?
    Ha ha…fat fingers on a little phone, another great line from a movie. But John said Fat guy in a little coat.

2 passes score and time p365xl macro low ready

First is a 96 in 9.78

Second a 90 in 8.60
    Attached Images Attached Images   

User Tag List