Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Larry Vickers "The Test"

Nice! Glad to see you tried it!

Made it out this morning to shoot this. Wasn't cold, I shot a 1 hole cadence drill first thing.

7.44 was my best
    G19L

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sadmin; 08-27-2016 at 04:23 PM.
    <Matthew 10:28>

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    B8s got too easy so I used an index card today.

Anyone else want to give it a whirl?

Attachment 10094
    B8s are definitely not getting too easy for me, but I gave the index card a try this morning at ten yards.

I did have a ten round warmup, and shot the drill from low ready with G4G19-1. The last shot just _barely_ nicked the card, or at least that's what I'm telling myself

Simple yet challenging drills are one of the foundations of skill development

PensFan
    Funny this one slipped my mind for a long time. Shot it twice today. First run was a 7.44 but I jerked one outside.
    Slowed a bit and shot a 8.28 with a G19 Gen5.

Cool app out there. TargetScan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DEG View Post
    B8s are definitely not getting too easy for me, but I gave the index card a try this morning at ten yards.

I did have a ten round warmup, and shot the drill from low ready with G4G19-1. The last shot just _barely_ nicked the card, or at least that's what I'm telling myself

A couple of years later from that post; shot again a few weeks ago. I like this variation of the drill. Low ready with a P30.

Name:  IMG_1634.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  53.5 KB

Site Supporter
    I really like the G45 and I think it makes me a better shooter than I really am (whereas the G19 yields results that more accurately reflect my mediocrity). Despite my misgivings due to the lack of a Gadget for it, I couldnít resist and picked up a VP9 a few weeks ago.

My unscientific impressions from a few range visits to break in the VP9 were that it made me a little better still. The recent thread here about the Glock grip angle- https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....liche-evidence - prompted me to do a head-to-head comparison yesterday with the G45 on The Test.

While it hasnít yet been published in a peer reviewed journal, my research suggests that the science is now settled that stout, balding middle-aged lawyers shoot the VP9 a bit better than the G45.

For each, I shot The Test twice in succession, then shot the Splatterburst target below with 10 rounds from 10 yards, untimed and at a steady but slower pace, to get a sense of my inherent accuracy with each.

G45: stock (with Ameriglo sights), except for Gadget
    VP9: stock except front sight painted bright red.

Name:  Image 1-13-19 at 12.36 PM.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  87.1 KB

Name:  Image 1-13-19 at 12.37 PM.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  100.5 KB

My score on the first VP9 run was my best ever. Although she has many good qualities, my wife stubbornly refuses to allow me to put the target on the fridge.
    I only read the Constitution for the articles.

Shot this today with Beretta 92A1 from the holster:

Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Name:  73A8C4E1-9070-46B5-9073-0CA376BD2B5C.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  35.1 KB

100-7X shot last weekend with a stock gen 3 Glock 17 apart from the Proctor Y-Notch sights

User Tag List