Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ammo - war price

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I haven’t seen any RPDs in use on either side...

FWIW, I saw one, I believe it was in a tweet with a picture of a famous person, sports guy perhaps, that was fighting. Someone in that pic had one.

I imagine at some point the older stuff like that is going to start being handed out.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    FWIW, I saw one, I believe it was in a tweet with a picture of a famous person, sports guy perhaps, that was fighting. Someone in that pic had one.

I imagine at some point the older stuff like that is going to start being handed out.
    Are you sure it wasn’t the Ballet guy?

The MMA guy / mayor of Kyiv has been seen with a PKM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Are you sure it wasn’t the Ballet guy?

The MMA guy / mayor of Kyiv has been seen with a PKM.
    I dont recall exactly, but it wasnt a PKM, it was the heavy longer barrel barrel box magazine fed that looked like a 7.62 AK mag. I actually thought of saving the pic since it seemed unusual but I didnt. The 7.62 magazine was one of the first things I noticed, most guns there seem to be 5.45s.

I recognized the gun, Ive seen a handful of them and handled them but never shot one.

Edit: I think this was the guy, not positive this was the specific image I saw but was probably the same photo shoot.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/...15351934-7.jpg
    Last edited by Malamute; 03-29-2022 at 10:32 PM.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    I dont recall exactly, but it wasnt a PKM, it was the heavy longer barrel barrel box magazine fed that looked like a 7.62 AK mag. I actually thought of saving the pic since it seemed unusual but I didnt. The 7.62 magazine was one of the first things I noticed, most guns there seem to be 5.45s.

I recognized the gun, Ive seen a handful of them and handled them but never shot one.
    What you are describing sounds like an RPK - long barrel AK with bipod and 40 round box mag or 75 round drum mag that also fits AKs.

Name:  DBFB18BD-AE4B-4424-9B91-D3F03C708335.jpg
Views: 760
Size:  30.2 KB

The RPK replaced the RPD, a unique looking belt fed in 7.62x39 which feeds a from belts. The belts are often fed from a metal drum.

Name:  5FD3511F-9FB1-400D-B5CF-FFD5DE040BB2.png
Views: 746
Size:  39.1 KB

The RPD had several problems many of which related to the fact is used non-disintegrating belts.

Ah, yes, you are correct.

I did a cursory google check when I misremembered the terms but missed the belt fed part and its difference from the box mag fed gun.
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    "My" metric is still around 0.30 per round, average of lowest five new brass 9mm. Not much change lately (I just checked).

Attachment 86709
    Looks like it's down to about $.23 a round now.

If you take out the one that is on sale with a one box limit, it's more like $.25.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Heard locally that ammo is set to increase 14% across the board. Shop said they recieved word from their distributors. No reason for me to doubt, as they have called it previously. Anyone else heard this rumbling?

I received notification from my wholesale supplier that certain (most) manufacturers were doing another increase. I honestly cannot recall how many times I have received notifications in the last couple years about these. The prices just keep going up and up, and there really is no point where I see things stabilizing at this point.

I believe it will eventually put a lot of small outfits out of business, as many people will simply not be able to afford to shoot due to the price of ammo, or will drastically cut back the amount that they do. The days of going out and burning up 500 rounds each in 9mm, .45 and .38 or .44 each month are certainly a thing of the past for many.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Looks like it's down to about $.23 a round now.

If you take out the one that is on sale with a one box limit, it's more like $.25.
    Haven't looked at the metric for about five weeks, so I grabbed a sample, and linear extrapolated the intervening weeks. The data suggests a continued steady decline, to around .28 a round.

Name:  Capture2.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  29.4 KB

Name:  capture.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  46.5 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Haven't looked at the metric for about five weeks, so I grabbed a sample, and linear extrapolated the intervening weeks. The data suggests a continued steady decline, to around .28 a round.

Name:  Capture2.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  29.4 KB

Name:  capture.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  46.5 KB
    Well, I said I wouldn't buy any until a case came down to less than $300, just reload, hoard, and shoot .38 Special reloads and .22LR. Honestly haven't shot that often in the last couple of years.

Ordered a case of US-made steel case for ~$245 shipped this morning.

Reviving an oldish thread...I'm seeing X-Tac 55 and 62 grain for not much over 40 cents a round all over the place and Norma SS109 for around 42 cents. My 1:7 barrels especially like the Norma and I love that it comes on stripper clips. Also seeing a lot of good sales on Blazer brass 9mm, and shit tons of remanufactured 9mm for less than a quarter a pop. So I'm not complaining about prices coming down, just wondering what's the impetus for falling prices? Supply chain woes easing and production catching up? I wouldn't think it was falling demand unless all the new gun owners have run out of ammo money. Inquiring minds want to know...

User Tag List