Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ammo - war price

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"

Ammo - war price

Let's talk about what the invasion of Ukraine does to the price of 9mm and .223/5.56 in America. Canuckistanians feel free to participate.

I wasn't tracking it close enough lately to have a sense of whether the scalpers are scalping yet.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Been tracking the average of the five lowest price new brass 115-147 gr 9mm listed on Ammoseek since last November, approximately weekly. Currently (2/25/22) sitting around 29.9 c/round:

Name:  capture.jpg
Views: 1342
Size:  50.1 KB

It's hard to image after two years of panic buying that it will start again but....
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Do the Ukranians use primarily 7.62x39 or 5.45?

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I suspect that nothing new is going to come from Russia that isn’t already on a ship , whether or not it has the approval.

A few weeks back I found some Barnaul 762x39 for $0.35 delivered so I ordered a case just to be sure.

Once all the BS broke out I jumped ordered another case as I fear that is going to be the last of it for a long long while.

Just checked and they only have the sealed tins of the Barnaul for $0.50/round.

I think as long as we don’t get sucked into this shit storm, the prices of western cartridges will continue to go down as the production is in full force and Americans are feeling the pinch due to inflation. I think we are already seeing this with the $39 Anderson lowers. But when it comes to Com-Block cartridges, most of the European production will be going to the war effort as long as it drags on and the price will reflect it.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Do the Ukranians use primarily 7.62x39 or 5.45?
    Both. All of the AKs I’m seeing issued to regular troops and most of the AKs being given to civilians are 5.45 but I am seeing some 762x39 AKs. Also a lot of the light machine guns use 762x39. The same is true for the Russians.
    Last edited by Suvorov; 02-27-2022 at 05:48 PM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Mebbe I shoulda waited to get out of 7.62x39. Sold a case of the stuff in brass last year.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    I think that if it were going to have a big impact, it would have happened by now. However, I still ordered some 5.56 this morning and two whole boxes of 9mm.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I suspect that nothing new is going to come from Russia that isn’t already on a ship , whether or not it has the approval.

A few weeks back I found some Barnaul 762x39 for $0.35 delivered so I ordered a case just to be sure.

Once all the BS broke out I jumped ordered another case as I fear that is going to be the last of it for a long long while.

Just checked and they only have the sealed tins of the Barnaul for $0.50/round.

I think as long as we don’t get sucked into this shit storm, the prices of western cartridges will continue to go down as the production is in full force and Americans are feeling the pinch due to inflation. I think we are already seeing this with the $39 Anderson lowers. But when it comes to Com-Block cartridges, most of the European production will be going to the war effort as long as it drags on and the price will reflect it.

Both. All of the AKs I’m seeing issued to regular troops and most of the AKs being given to civilians are 5.45 but I am seeing some 762x39 AKs. Also a lot of the light machine guns use 762x39. The same is true for the Russians.
    I haven’t seen any RPDs in use on either side and it’s the is the only 7.62x39 LMG I’m aware of. I don’t blame either side for not using the RPD because they suck as an LMG.

Most of the LMGs run 7.62x54 (PKM).

I do agree that regardless of however long is remaining on existing import licenses we won’t be seeing anything further at a Russia unless the oligarchs get together and pull a Tommy DeSimone on Putin.

Bulgarian and Romanian X39 ML has been popping up over the past few months but I agree, anything those plants can produce will be going do you cream as long as hostilities continue.

Heard locally that ammo is set to increase 14% across the board. Shop said they recieved word from their distributors. No reason for me to doubt, as they have called it previously. Anyone else heard this rumbling?
    Taking a break from social media.

"My" metric is still around 0.30 per round, average of lowest five new brass 9mm. Not much change lately (I just checked).

Name:  capture.jpg
Views: 894
Size:  49.8 KB

User Tag List