Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AIWB for red-headed stepchild Walther PPS classic

AIWB for red-headed stepchild Walther PPS classic

Back in 2015 I got a great deal on a new Walther PPS in 9mm that has come to be known as the "classic" but now seems to be a red-headed stepchild in terms of holster selection.

The Walther PPS (classic) was highly marketed as a "slim" easily concealed micro-9 back a few years ago. It still is remarkably thin but it's tough to find good quality holsters due to lack of current popularity. It is not sought-after by the cool kids like old HK P7 or PSP pistols seem to be.

Does anybody know where I can get a high-quality Kydex AIWB right-hand holster for a Walther PPS classic pistol AKA "PPS M1"?
    “Safety is nice, but it’s not first. Life is first and it’s not safe.”— Jeff Cooper

Keepers Concealment still lists an Errand AIWB for the Walther PPS and the PPS-M2.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbag View Post
    Keepers Concealment still lists an Errand AIWB for the Walther PPS and the PPS-M2.
    These are excellent holsters.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Thanks for the recommendation!

I'll get one of the keepers concealment errand AIWB holsters on order and try it out.
    “Safety is nice, but it’s not first. Life is first and it’s not safe.”— Jeff Cooper

I’ll also add that HolsterCo makes their Stealth model for it. Single clip over the trigger guard with option for a claw and plenty of options for the type of clip. My honest opinion on them based on one sample is they’re not JMCK but they beat the hell out of Vedder and similar mid tier options. They’re my first site to check if JM doesn’t support a given model (because if JM doesn’t, normally the other top tier guys don’t either).

I forgot about the Errand though. I’ll have to keep that in mind for myself and the one other guy I know who has one.

I have a JMCK George for mine so I am surprised to see that it is not listed on the JM site. Might be worth an email to Tony to ask.

I have tried a lot of AIWB holsters for my PPS Classic. Errand, George, Dark Star Gear, Insane Kydex. The Errand and George are hands down the best options. I modified my Insane Kydex holster to work with an Enigma. You might consider that when selecting a holster. If you want to try the Enigma, you'll need a holster with a claw. The Errand and George do not have a claw.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    I have a JMCK George for mine so I am surprised to see that it is not listed on the JM site. Might be worth an email to Tony to ask.

I have tried a lot of AIWB holsters for my PPS Classic. Errand, George, Dark Star Gear, Insane Kydex. The Errand and George are hands down the best options. I modified my Insane Kydex holster to work with an Enigma. You might consider that when selecting a holster. If you want to try the Enigma, you'll need a holster with a claw. The Errand and George do not have a claw.
    Can you talk more about the Errand and why you prefer it? Haven't heard much first hand about it.
    @UpDok let us know how you like it as well.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post

Unfortunately the molds we had for the PPS Gen 1 didn't make the move to Texas.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    Can you talk more about the Errand and why you prefer it? Haven't heard much first hand about it.
    @UpDok let us know how you like it as well.
    The Keepers design of the muzzle end of the holster with the Kydex wrapped around the front makes it quite comfortable by giving it a rounded shape which minimizes hot spots. It also comes standard with ample extra length which I prefer for small autos. The holster is made from 0.060 thick Kydex so it's a very trim holster not adding much thickness to the gun. The holster does lack any AIWB specific tucking mechanisms but I don't find that to be much of an issue. I was not a fan of the FOMI clip that came with the holster but I remedied that with a DCC Monoblock.
    Last edited by Irelander; 03-09-2022 at 05:46 AM.

User Tag List