Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who Do We Like for Jeans...

Site Supporter
    Thank you.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I think they are a little slimmer in the legs. Waist seems similar. Not skinny jeans, but not baggy. The cloth is stretchy, and the build quality is excellent.
    My take--worth what you paid for it--is that 1% elastane isn't enough stretch for me. I sent them back because they were too similar to regular jeans (where I blow the crotch out) I could buy for much cheaper.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Agree on Triple Aught… excellent jeans.

Old school: Wrangler 13MWZPW. Been wearing them for at least 25 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I think they are a little slimmer in the legs. Waist seems similar. Not skinny jeans, but not baggy. The cloth is stretchy, and the build quality is excellent.
    This may sound weird, but how roomy is the seat/butt? Some of have junk in the trunk from loving deadlifts.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

It may not be exactly what you’re looking for but the house brand jeans from LA Police Gear have treated me really well.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Who Do We Like for Jeans...

Not sure what your definition of wear out time is, but I’ve worn a few pairs of LAPG Terrain Flex jeans for over a year without signs of going belly up. Only reason I got new ones is cause I lost 25# and they were baggy as hell.

Now they are definitely not made in USA or even within a thousand miles, so there is that. But @ around $40 they aren’t bad. Just wish they had a few more belt loops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.gusset.com/

I've worn Diamond Gusset jeans for about 15 years now and they are durable and comfortable.
    Made in the USA. They always fit perfectly and come in a variety of styles.
    While riding a motorcycle in these the gusset is the best feature ever. No more sitting on a big button in the crotch where all of the seams come together.
    Last edited by baddean; 02-24-2022 at 10:46 PM.
    Dean,
    “The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine
    "The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."- Antonio Meloni

Quote Originally Posted by Mntneer357 View Post
    I didn't want to muddy the water in the "Filson Carhartt" thread. Forgive me if this is in the wrong place.

I'm mid-40s-ish and live in South Carolina. I live in jeans, but I'm in a tough spot. I've been wearing American Eagle jeans for a good while. They've been inexpensive and have traditionally held up well. Regrettably, they seem to be not as well made lately (premature wear holes near rear pockets and in the taint area). To be fair, I hear that complaint about a lot of clothing companies recently.

I ordered some Factory jeans from Origin Maine and, while they were probably the most high quality, well-made jeans I've ever put on, they seemed uncomfortably snug in the crotch and most regrettably, they aren't a true boot cut and did not fit well over my cowboy boots. Call me weird, but I pretty much live in either cowboy boots or flip flops, depending on weather.

Any recommendations/suggestions? My budget is up to, say $110 or so, and my only real requirements: a true boot cut (17" leg opening) and preferably not come from a company who, as one poster so very eloquently said, "went off the woke cliff". Also, Duluth is right out, as their nearest location is 150 miles away.

Is it better to say fuck it and just accept cheap jeans that wear out? Is there some decent fitting alternative? Any news on Tecovas? Or should I transition to Kuiu pants, and accept the cost?

Thanks for listening, y'all. Cheers!
    I'm curious about this. The closest Duluth stores to me are 173 and 188 miles away. I order my stuff from them online and have been very satisfied. I wear the Duluthflex relaxed fit jeans... at work with cowboy boots. They are not boot cut, but they work just fine for my purposes. I wear their brown 5-pocket pants with my uniform. Exclusively wear their Buck Naked skivvies. Wear their shorts in the summertime. their products are better than anything I've found in any of the brick & mortar stores around here. I'm a stubby dude, and can get them with a 28" hem....and don't have to send them out to get hemmed like virtually every other product out there.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by baddean View Post
    https://www.gusset.com/

I've worn Diamond Gusset jeans for about 15 years now and they are durable and comfortable.
    Made in the USA. They always fit perfectly and come in a variety of styles.
    While riding a motorcycle in these the gusset is the best feature ever. No more sitting on a big button in the crotch where all of the seams come together.
    I am not a jeans person, still irked at Walmart for quitting their own series of Wrangler khakis, but a friend gets a regular Christmas present of Diamond Gusset motorcycle jeans with armored knees.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List