Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I found something good today.....KGPF-330 3" half lug

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!

I found something good today.....KGPF-330 3" half lug

I have been looking for one of these forever. I love the 3" GP100's but wanted to hold out for the 1/2 lug version. I had one along time ago and stupidly let someone talk me out of it. By chance I found one but the buyer was 4 hours away from me. He was a true gentleman though and met me halfway to do the transfer. During our conversation he stated that the gun has been fired less that 75 and I am always a little skeptical of the guesstimate round count but after viewing the gun I think it might actually be less than 50. The original owner bought it around 1995, shot it a couple of times and put it by the bed stand. It sat there for years until he sold it to the gentleman I bought it from. He fired it a few times and put it away as well. When I saw it today I was shocked by the condition. It looks like NOS. Sadly the original box was gone, but it will be a shooter for me. I have to go back and get it in a week, but fortunately my range is on the way home. Here is a pic from the seller, but the gun is actually in better shape. I can't wait to get this one out of gun jail and get some rounds down the tube.

Name:  IMG-5885.jpg
Views: 875
Size:  84.5 KB

Nice. That's a nice looking gun

Nice find! I've had a lot of GPs over the year, but the 3" half-lug was always my favorite.

Magnificent find-let us know how it shoots. These fixed-sight Ruger's sights are usually regulated for 158 gr cartridges.

Best, Jon

I recall a Florida Man who shot one of those in IDPA. Shooting Magnums in matches, he was really hammering the targets.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

A thing of beauty. Take it out, and put it to work!
    Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem
    I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude
    -Thomas Jefferson
    I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

I didn’t know they made those. Damn, that’s sexy.

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    I can't wait to get this one out and put it through the paces, but won't be able to get out and shoot until the 12th. I am going to spend the time loading up some ammo! I'm planning on grabbing it first thing in the AM from the FFL and then heading straight to the range.

Ruger revolvers from the late 80 and early 90"s were the pinnacle of production. They were turning out some quality guns during that time.

I am extremely hopeful it will shoot POA/POI. This front sight looks interesting as an upgrade: https://www.geminicustoms.com/small-...87200927734375

The plan is to keep it stock, but that front sight is tempting.

I always thought those looked like a Speed Six-on-steroids!

Congrats on a nice find and let us know how it shoots.

-Rainman

Site Supporter
    I always liked the half lug GP100s

User Tag List