I know this class is well reviewed and known for the most part so I'll keep it to what was specific to me in case it's relevant to others in a similar place.

I had high expectations. Every instructor I have thought highly of, has, in turn, thought highly of Craig. Suffice to say Craig exceeded my expectations and I was surprised to see it. Every single thing he says has value and applicability, the words are chosen carefully and delivered with precision. Craig says he has been refining this for 20 years and the content as well as its delivery is exceptionally good, probably the best I have ever seen in any context. It progresses in such a meaningful way it's an art when you get to the end of that progression and put it all together to see how well the pieces fit.

If you need to restore your faith in humanity go to a class of Craig's. Incredible people who will work very hard and endure a lot to learn and get better. They will beat the shit out of you and shake your hand afterward and give you a critique or complement you need. World class culture he has created.

You do not need combatives, bjj, or other experience (I had very little combatives, no BJJ or wrestling, tiny boxing a long time ago). Being in shape is HUGE, but still go whatever shape you are in. Several people had to sit out or skip reps because they were gassed, not only will you perform better but you will be able to learn more.

Personally, I was sure glad I've been lifting heavy without ignoring cardio. Being strong avoids injury and can make up for some sins. Cardio keeps you in the fight and helps avoid dumb/lazy mistakes, and none of these fights end quick with Craig in charge.

Previously, I thought the reverse edge stuff was a bit esoteric and not for an every man. I have trained in edge out, forward grip primarily in the instruction I received and the dry reps I conducted. With Craig's description and drills, I ended up much preferring the edge in work and its ability to switch between defense and offense without compromising either (I really felt edge out defense was harder and less effective). I think I can run many of my traditional forward edge knives that have a neutral handle/blade angle (they are aligned) pretty decently in reverse grip without needing new gear.

Craig sells you on NOTHING. He shows you and teaches you and answers questions thoughtfully and lets you come to your own conclusions.

The criminal assault paradigm and managing unknown contacts should be required for every high school senior before they graduate. It is that good, relevant, and important.

I don't know what else to say, I've been car accidents that left me less sore than this past weekend (not injured, just sore) and I will tell anyone who will listen to take this class. I will take it again and anything else Craig puts out, watching paint dry 101 included.

I have taken probably 10 or so classes that cost the same, require the same time commitment, etc and if I could only choose one, it would be EWO.

-Russ-