Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DB's Latest Article on the "Hard Low Ready"

There’s a video but it’s not a “draw to low ready”. It was a video showing the “draw to face shooting the motherfucker”. 🤷*♂️
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Good article. I saw a play button but no video preview (on an IPhone). I’m looking forward to being able to try one of the wilderness pocket holsters.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    There’s a video but it’s not a “draw to low ready”. It was a video showing the “draw to face shooting the motherfucker”. 🤷*♂️

If you look closely, his j-frame even gets momentarily hung up on his pocket, and he still gets a sub-second draw.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Yes, I missed the "hard low ready" in the video. I just saw draw and shoot.

Site Supporter
    @blues I have relegated the J frames to pocket only specifically for the technique/niche role that was highlighted in the article. Belt carry is reserved for the G26 or bigger.

@Erick Gelhaus The video showed up for me as a blank spot in the article. When I hovered my cursor in the space, a video control bar appeared. It played normally when the play arrow was clicked.

@Dagga Boy great article! Thanks for getting The Wilderness to design a pocket holster. Their ankle rig is my go to and am looking forward to seeing the pocket holster when it enters production. I do have a question. The pocket holster from both makers features a slot pocket added to the "body side". I get having a speed strip to top off to full capacity in the aftermath of a shooting. The inclusion of a decoy/throw down wad with cards is brilliant. How do you deploy this and where do you have it the plan? I'm thinking its primary role is in the counter-robbery situation where the attacker has made a demand?
    Last edited by Jason M; 02-22-2022 at 03:48 PM.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

I think the principle of Hard Low Ready and hand on J frame pocket draw are much the same.
    Pistol is in a shooting grip in hand/ hands. Raise it up and face shoot the problem.
    One is concealed one hand, the other is two hand exposed. Both have the pistol indexed in a firing grip.
    Both eliminate the slowest most fumble prone part of the draw stroke, clearing cover and getting a shooting grip.

@Erick Gelhaus now the video appears correctly in the article.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

And that's what the article is about. He's calling the technique the Covered Low Ready.

This has been my carry almost 99% of the days.

Name:  F25379EB-33E2-4F57-AE7C-D23EC411F48A.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  76.8 KB

Name:  7B13E861-ECF1-4105-9EB8-10FADB8BE597.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  31.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    This has been my carry almost 99% of the days.

Name:  F25379EB-33E2-4F57-AE7C-D23EC411F48A.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  76.8 KB

Name:  7B13E861-ECF1-4105-9EB8-10FADB8BE597.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  31.2 KB
    I want one of those weird little guns.

User Tag List