Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock slide work

Glock slide work

I have taken a shine to Gen 4 Glock 19 pistols, and have a number of MOS slides. Unfortunately, they don't have forward serrations, that I have become used to, so I can keep my hands off the optic.

Who does just slide work with a reasonable turn -- I don't need an optic cut since they are MOS?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Maple Leaf will do it, and I’ve been very pleased with their turnaround compared with Battle Werx and Jagerwerks. However, I’ve not had to have any refinishing done with Maple Leaf, which I’m sure will add a week or two.

Site Supporter
    I'll second Maple Leaf. They did a slide mill recently for me. Total time with black nitride was 6 weeks (which included the Christmas and New Year holidays).

Site Supporter
    I've had Bob Mezaros at Templar Custom Arms ( recommended to me by Dave Spaulding), do a couple for me. Not sure what his current turnaround time is.

Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    I'll second Maple Leaf. They did a slide mill recently for me. Total time with black nitride was 6 weeks (which included the Christmas and New Year holidays).
    The last few I’ve had Maple Leaf do were 2-3 week turnarounds, but that was optic cuts only with no refinishing.

Jagerwerks and Battlewerx both do it. I have had a few slides done by both of those firms and they did outstanding work with reasonable turnaround times. However, all my work was milling for optics, and not slide serrations. With that said, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend either of them, given my experiences.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    The last few I’ve had Maple Leaf do were 2-3 week turnarounds, but that was optic cuts only with no refinishing.
    To clarify, mine was also an optic cut that I sent in Christmas week, so I'm counting that week in my time. Their website says other milling services take longer.

Site Supporter
    Dave Bowie? Not sure his turn around time, but his prices when I was looking at grip chops was very competitive.

pat

I had Maple Leaf do a early Gen 5 Glock 17 that didn’t have forward serrations, with one of their duty packages and nitride finish.
    Their work looks great and they delivered slightly ahead of their quoted lead time. About 5-1/2 weeks. I’m very impressed with Maple Leaf.

Edited to add : The work I had done was Maple Leaf’s duty package with an optic cut for a Holosun 509T and nitride refinish.

Thanks to all for the quick responses. I have a slide at Maple Leaf now, and they recently have done four slides for me, but I didn't see the option for just slide work.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List