Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Electric vehicles catch-all thread

My first question was, given the time of day, was she under the influence of alcohol?

Several recommendations are to remove your seatbelt first. In aircraft dunking training, that is a no, no, and you want to say strapped in until you are ready to egress. It seems like tempered glass is going to be easier to break, and that tempered glass is more common in rear side windows. Was there a technical reason she couldn't lower her windows or open her door as soon as the vehicle started going into the water?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The dealers need to get on board also

Saw this newsletter article that mentions that there are big flaming hoops for dealers to jump through to sell the electric cars, probably an extended ROI when the vehicle volume is not that high.

Name:  modE.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  97.9 KB

We took our IC 2016 Subaru to the dealer in Wheeling WV yesterday for service.

They have it set up where you have to walk through the show room on your way to the waiting area. As we walked into the show room, there was a nice looking SUV that was first visible from the rear of the vehicle. As I walked past looking at it, I noticed the giant EV emblem on the front fender. I recoiled and said not for me. I noticed the salesman in his office laughing. He said they wanted to set up cameras to catch the negative reactions of all the people when they saw the EV emblem. I guess they aren't going over very well in Appalachia.

Hertz's CEO is out after a big bet on electric vehicles turned into an expensive 'distraction'

Hertz CEO Stephen Scherr is resigning and will be replaced a former Delta Airlines and General Motors executive, the rental car company said, a shakeup that came after an investment in electric vehicles turned into what Scherr himself called a “distraction.”
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My first question was, given the time of day, was she under the influence of alcohol?

Several recommendations are to remove your seatbelt first. In aircraft dunking training, that is a no, no, and you want to say strapped in until you are ready to egress. It seems like tempered glass is going to be easier to break, and that tempered glass is more common in rear side windows. Was there a technical reason she couldn't lower her windows or open her door as soon as the vehicle started going into the water?
    Three times the legal limit:

https://www.wsj.com/us-news/angela-c...crash-fd0305bd
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I should have taken a bet on that at Vegas.

https://apple.news/A1BHEM0-FQkqWABlf5LVVGQ

Struggling electric-vehicle maker Fisker is cutting the suggested prices for some of its 2023 model-year vehicles, a bid to drum up demand for its cars as the startup struggles for cash.
    The Los Angeles-based company said late Wednesday that its would reduce its Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price on 2023 Ocean models, including the Extreme, Ultra and Sport trims.
    Fisker’s 2023 Ocean Extreme trim’s MSRP will be reduced to $37,499 from $61,499, a drop of 39%.
    The Ultra and Sport trims will have their MSRP reduced by 34% and 36%, respectively.
    Fisker said it was positioning the Ocean model as a “more affordable and compelling EV choice” that could compete in a broad market.
    Fisker said Monday that its talks with a potential large automaker partner had fallen apart, raising additional questions about its liquidity. The New York Stock Exchange shortly after said it would delist the company’s shares due to their low price, which may cause the company to default on some of its debt.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    https://apple.news/A1BHEM0-FQkqWABlf5LVVGQ

Struggling electric-vehicle maker Fisker is cutting the suggested prices for some of its 2023 model-year vehicles, a bid to drum up demand for its cars as the startup struggles for cash.
    The Los Angeles-based company said late Wednesday that its would reduce its Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price on 2023 Ocean models, including the Extreme, Ultra and Sport trims.
    Fisker’s 2023 Ocean Extreme trim’s MSRP will be reduced to $37,499 from $61,499, a drop of 39%.
    The Ultra and Sport trims will have their MSRP reduced by 34% and 36%, respectively.
    Fisker said it was positioning the Ocean model as a “more affordable and compelling EV choice” that could compete in a broad market.
    Fisker said Monday that its talks with a potential large automaker partner had fallen apart, raising additional questions about its liquidity. The New York Stock Exchange shortly after said it would delist the company’s shares due to their low price, which may cause the company to default on some of its debt.
    The last thing I'd want is an EV from a bankrupt startup.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    The last thing I'd want is an EV from a bankrupt startup.
    Particularly one that doesn't let you shop on a mobile device in 2024

Name:  IMG_0973.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  25.4 KB

Site Supporter
    My buddy came by last night to show us his new Mustang EV. We gave him enough shit when he was talking about buying a different EV that I was careful not to pile it on, since he already heard it from me and still did the purchase... I think he was disappointed at my restraint...

He let me take it for a quick ride and it is surely fun to drive. Whiplash fun. And comfortable.
    I'm not a huge fan of the 4-door Mustang looks, but, YMMV there.

He's working on getting a 240v, high-Amp charger installed in the garage.
    I even skipped the part about needing to park it outside. I'm getting soft in my old age.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List