Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Electric vehicles catch-all thread

Fighting EV fires with specialty fire blankets:

The car was a 2019 Jaguar I-Pace. Jaguar issued a fire warning in 2022, a recall in 2023, and a recall of the recall in November 2023. No idea whether either of the recalls were performed on this particular car...

WSJ reported Hertz is selling a big part of their EV fleet because of lower than expected demand and higher repair costs.

https://www.wsj.com/business/autos/a...fleet-5626a425
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    https://www.autoweek.com/news/a46365...harger-teaser/

Pre-production Charger 2-door. There will be a 4 door as well. Should be a base V6 NA option, at least for fleet but I think probably for regular sales as well, at least one version of the Hurricane V6 turbo, and EV options.

I like the looks of the exterior, but have no interest in the available drive trains or what I suspect the new price point will be. Our fleet will continue on with the NA V6 version.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Porsche has a lot of information out on the EV Macan in the last few days. I heard they were planning EV only, but due to dealer pushback are keeping an ICE model. The Macan is the, or one of the, most popular Porsche vehicles.

Chicago charging station issue

A plethora of stranded Teslas, ABC news Chicago. Probably not a unique situation.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YGaqnj5hZU

The pendulum has swung. A year ago, people paid a premium to get an EV. Today, they want a discount. That is probably appropriate given the charging negatives associated with an EV. The performance of an EV, though, can be exhilarating.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Porsche has a lot of information out on the EV Macan in the last few days. I heard they were planning EV only, but due to dealer pushback are keeping an ICE model. The Macan is the, or one of the, most popular Porsche vehicles.
    I thought I once read that the Macan alone surpassed the sum total of all other Porsche sales.

Based on what I see on the road in my area (granted, a very superficial/wealth/showy-driven locale) I could believe it

I could also see pushing the Macan to ev-only reversing that trend.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

The pendulum has swung. A year ago, people paid a premium to get an EV. Today, they want a discount. That is probably appropriate given the charging negatives associated with an EV. The performance of an EV, though, can be exhilarating.
    What truly amazes me is that in a Post-Covid world where household appliances can take months to get and things like cargo vans are demanding a premium due to availability, seemingly every automaker on the planet managed to produce multiple ev models seemingly overnight.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I thought I once read that the Macan alone surpassed the sum total of all other Porsche sales.

Based on what I see on the road in my area (granted, a very superficial/wealth/showy-driven locale) I could believe it

I could also see pushing the Macan to ev-only reversing that trend.
    A few years ago, the Taycan, Porsche's EV, was their most popular model. No longer and the dealers screamed bloody under about making the Macan EV only, leading to continuing ICE Macans.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    seemingly every automaker on the planet managed to produce multiple ev models seemingly overnight.
    I have contended that they should be much simpler to build, perhaps this substantiates my assertion. But they have been presented as a luxury item, and especially Musk is like Jobs was in the manner that they act like they have cracked some code and have done something nobody else is going to be able to do. Meanwhile Farley figures sure, if people want we can take an F-150 like we are already building a buttload of and leave a frunk where the ICE used to be. Probably should change the grille so the neighbors of the people that paid extra can tell the difference.

A year ago, people paid a premium to get an EV. Today, they want a discount.
    Making them readily available kind of called the public's (government's) bluff, as it turns out.

I am not a hater, but I hate that people/Gov are trying to force a transition by jacking with the market.

User Tag List