Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 48 2022 roll caLL; RFI

Glock 48 2022 roll caLL; RFI

G48 owners—especially those that have been shooting one for a while and have gotten the round count up into the Ks—how is everyone feeling about the guns’ reliability and durability at this point? Also, any preferences as to ammo? An old thread here seemed to indicate that 115 GDHP was a vetted load but that 147 grainers (per Doc’s list) could be on the edge of reliability if pushing the gun through compromised grip and/or shooting positions.

What do the P-F cognoscenti say?

Thanks in advance for any input and opinions folks.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Do you want opinions from ex-Glock 48 owners?

I think I've told my story once or twice...'twas the perfect AIWB carry gun for me...decided to get it direct milled for a 507k...then discovered it was not reliable with GD 124+p ammo. And that was that.

I sold it for a P365x and never looked back.

Really like everything about my 43x except shooting it. Pinches the s*** out of my finger.

Due to the magazine that sticks out a fair amount and the square corner on it it prints like a 19.

Since I bought a shield Plus I don't even bring the 43X out anymore.....

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Do you want opinions from ex-Glock 48 owners?

I think I've told my story once or twice...'twas the perfect AIWB carry gun for me...decided to get it direct milled for a 507k...then discovered it was not reliable with GD 124+p ammo. And that was that.

I sold it for a P365x and never looked back.
    Super interesting. I’m a Glock guy, but never jumped on the 43/43x/48 bandwagon. GD 124+P is my go to. Shoots great out of all my 9mm guns including 365.

I had a G48 and it functioned fine with GD 124 +p, HST 124 +p, and HST 148.

I have a G43 and it functions fine with GD 124 +p, HST 124 +p, and Black Hills Tac-xp 115 +p.

I sold the G48 because I prefered the G26 and G19.

I carry the G43 a good bit and fully trust it to function fine.

I found my 48 was noticeably harder to shoot than my 19 and didn't conceal for me much better AIWB.

The real kicker was finding the fatter gripped 19 a whole lot easier to grab and draw from under a T-shirt.

I had a couple of malfs with ball in the Shield 15 rounders and read discussions on here about the recoil spring/mag spring concerns and kinda lost interest.

Great out of the box trigger and nifty to coonfinger.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Really like everything about my 43x except shooting it. Pinches the s*** out of my finger.
    Funny, my experience with my 43X was very similar. And to add, it was pretty snappy to shoot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    Super interesting. I’m a Glock guy, but never jumped on the 43/43x/48 bandwagon. GD 124+P is my go to. Shoots great out of all my 9mm guns including 365.
    Yeah, I suppose at the end of the day my G48 with the milled optic was operating at the ragged end of performance in terms of timing. I think a "regular" G48 or maybe a 48 MOS with an optic cut from the factory might be better, but I was going through Carry Ammo trying to vet it like a Sailor in port, and didn't, really, want to spend any more money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post

I sold the G48 because I prefered the G26 and G19.

I carry the G43 a good bit and fully trust it to function fine.
    Very similar, the G19 and G48 carried almost the same for me, absent the 19 being a bit wider and a bit heavier.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    I found my 48 was noticeably harder to shoot than my 19 and didn't conceal for me much better AIWB.

The real kicker was finding the fatter gripped 19 a whole lot easier to grab and draw from under a T-shirt.
    Yep, see above. I still have the 19.

At the point I was mulling all this over ending up with the P365X, there was no availability of the Gadget/SCD. With the new release of stock by LTT, I think that would be a very good reason to consider a G48 these days, but it would require some thoughtful testing to make sure it ran with carry ammo, for me. I think Glock using the shorter RSA from the G43 in the G48 kinda bit them in the butt on this gun.

The only issue I have with my G48 is the bottom of the rear slide serrations act like a saw on the inside right of my strong hand (righty) if I push over ~100 rounds in a session.
    "Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Brown v. United States, 256 U.S. 335 (1921)

I’ve had great luck with mine, and run it pretty exclusively these days with 147 grain, mostly reloads and occasional HST for on going vetting. I run Shield mags exclusively. I did a major vetting when I got my first shield magazines. There is a thread about it somewhere here. Long story short, in my opinion this gun is better without +P. Like many, I consider the 124 +P Gold Dots as my go to, but settled on the HST 147 as a good an adequate go to for my 43 and 48. I don’t feel those slides are heavy enough for the extra slide velocity of a +P.

ETA: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ngoing-Testing

I still like my 48 mos a lot after a year of having it. Right around 1k through it with no problems other than a nice squib load from blazer brass. Ive stuck with the stock mags and don't plan to change. Also got a 43x mos recently and shot 300 rounds through it this week. My carry ammo is usually HST 124gr +p, but that only because I have a bunch. I would rather stick to regular pressure if I had both just because of recoil. Nice and light and thin.

I always forget how snappy they are, I shoot a 19 for work a lot and switching to the 48 can be humbling, the 43x even more so. Swapping between 48 / 43x uppers back to back felt like 30% more recoil if i had to put a number to it.

Hilton Yam talks about performing 2/3 as well with the slim line guns in this video and that seems accurate in my experience as well.

User Tag List