Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shooting and heart rate

Polar chest band arrived, and already I am noticing a difference. Reading up, as suggested above, there are limitations of wrist based measurement systems. At times heart rate would get stuck on the watch or be slower to come down, and things now seem more what I would expect wearing the Polar H10. Need to gather more data.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The Apple Watch is actually very accurate and generally tracks within 1 bpm of a Polar H10. This example is a 38-minute run.

This chart isn’t mine, but it makes the point.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    The Apple Watch is actually very accurate and generally tracks within 1 bpm of a Polar H10. This example is a 38-minute run.

Any idea what technology Apple uses and how that compares with Garmin?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Polar chest band arrived, and already I am noticing a difference. Reading up, as suggested above, there are limitations of wrist based measurement systems. At times heart rate would get stuck on the watch or be slower to come down, and things now seem more what I would expect wearing the Polar H10. Need to gather more data.
    You got a Polar strap to pair with the Instinct? I also use an Instinct and was planning on getting the Garmin chest strap. I have an older Polar strap with their watch. I’ve worn both at once and found them generally to give similar readings, but I’ve noticed the Instinct, wrist only, is slower to respond if I change the intensity of activity.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    You got a Polar strap to pair with the Instinct? I also use an Instinct and was planning on getting the Garmin chest strap. I have an older Polar strap with their watch. I’ve worn both at once and found them generally to give similar readings, but I’ve noticed the Instinct, wrist only, is slower to respond if I change the intensity of activity.
    Garmin Instinct 2 Solar Tactical and Polar H10.

What I noticed, is that my heart rate would seem to hang up on the Garmin, but would drop if I took the watch off and put it back on. With the Polar, my heart rate moves with changes in intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post

Optical HR monitors can be very accurate, but it is entirely dependent on the fit and placement. The wrist is a bad spot because it's usually boney and has a lot of articulation. Running is usually the best case, but introduce other movents and it'll usually go to hell. Watches are convenient but heavily compromised.

Wahoo sells a forearm strap that is optical and performs well. It's a lot less fussy than a chest strap to put on and doesn't run under a ruck like the chest strap can. You also get good contact on the meaty part of your forearm so it's a bit more reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    https://mtntactical.com/wp-content/u...rksmanship.pdf

“Discussion” on Pg 8 is probably the most relevant; although the whole document is a practical, easy, and quick read.
    Thanks for this!
    Shumba

User Tag List