Thread: 1301 Trigger Malfunction

Site Supporter

1301 Trigger Malfunction

Anyone experienced a 1301 issue where releasing the trigger drops the hammer? Just had an interesting experience sending 3 rounds of buckshot where I meant to send one and on closer inspection found that if I pin the trigger to the rear, cycle the action, and then release the trigger it drops the hammer.

Needless to say, pretty disturbed by this. I’ll try to get a video up when I get home.

Using a Briley trigger FWIW.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I've never seen that on a factory trigger. I generally don't advise mucking around with the trigger group on the gun.

I'd have a chat with Briley first and see what they have to say about it as it seems something may not be right with the dimensions on their part.
    3/15/2016

Can you reinstall your OEM Beretta trigger components and see if you can replicate the issue? If everything works normally with the Beretta parts, then the problem is with the Briley parts.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I've never seen that on a factory trigger. I generally don't advise mucking around with the trigger group on the gun.

I'd have a chat with Briley first and see what they have to say about it as it seems something may not be right with the dimensions on their part.
    I and my safe full of factory Glock triggers agree completely on modifying the trigger, but I made an exception on this gun for 922r compliance since I don’t care for the Aridus handguard. May need to rethink that.

Fortunately, Briley is just down the road from me so I’ll take it by this week and see what they say.

Has anyone experienced/seen this issue with a 1301 trigger of any stripe?

I tried this yesterday with my factory trigger and could not make it happen. Let us know what Briley says .

My Briley 1301 trigger does not do this.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Got the gun back from Briley today. Apparently when they installed it excess loctite somehow ended up where it didn't belong in a way that prevented the disconnector from working.

I feel better about long-term reliability on the part since it wasn't a break/something out of spec, but I'll be holding on tight the next time I shoot it . . . .

User Tag List