Thread: CHPWS Walther PPQ MRDS Installation

CHPWS Walther PPQ MRDS Installation

I received my milled slide back from CHPWS yesterday. It looks good and only took three weeks total for the turn around.

I opted for the Holosun 407K with 6 MOA green dot and integral rear sight. Due to the profile of the PPQ slide, the smaller optic better fits the contours of the slide. The rear BUIS is somewhat rudimentary, but seems quite functional for the back-up role without cluttering the view through the optic. I figured I was going to have to use a taller front sight, but the integral site on the optic is actually .007" lower than the 10-8 rear BUIS that I had on the pistol. Here is a rear view of the optic installed, showing how the CHPWS plate and smaller optic fit quite nicely on the PPQ slide;

As I had mentioned in another thread, I used J-B Weld to attach the plate to the slide. The use of the epoxy filled the gap between the front and rear edges of the plate and the pocket milled into the slide. Doing so removes all recoil stress from the mounting screws as well as bonding the plate directly to the slide. The plate screws were installed in normal fashion with thread locker, as was the optic to the plate. Here is a photo where you can see how the J-B Weld filled the gaps on the fore/aft edges of the plate;

A full view of the PPQ in its current configuration with optic and Walther Dynamic Trigger installed;

Will be hitting the local indoor range soon for the sight-in.

Not sure I would be brave enough to go the JB Weld route, but it looks like a nice clean installation. I am considering going with a 407K on my Staccato for the reasons you give but just not sure I want to give up that much window size just for a better looking unit.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Not sure I would be brave enough to go the JB Weld route, but it looks like a nice clean installation. I am considering going with a 407K on my Staccato for the reasons you give but just not sure I want to give up that much window size just for a better looking unit.
    One thing is for sure - the plate isn't coming loose!

The 407K has a larger window than the RMR, even more so without a larger rear BUIS obscuring some of the view. So far I'm having no difficulty acquiring the dot on presentation.

Looking forward to the release of the EPS Carry, which fits on the same plate.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    I received my milled slide back from CHPWS yesterday. It looks good and only took three weeks total for the turn around.

I opted for the Holosun 407K with 6 MOA green dot and integral rear sight. Due to the profile of the PPQ slide, the smaller optic better fits the contours of the slide. The rear BUIS is somewhat rudimentary, but seems quite functional for the back-up role without cluttering the view through the optic. I figured I was going to have to use a taller front sight, but the integral site on the optic is actually .007" lower than the 10-8 rear BUIS that I had on the pistol. Here is a rear view of the optic installed, showing how the CHPWS plate and smaller optic fit quite nicely on the PPQ slide;

As I had mentioned in another thread, I used J-B Weld to attach the plate to the slide. The use of the epoxy filled the gap between the front and rear edges of the plate and the pocket milled into the slide. Doing so removes all recoil stress from the mounting screws as well as bonding the plate directly to the slide. The plate screws were installed in normal fashion with thread locker, as was the optic to the plate. Here is a photo where you can see how the J-B Weld filled the gaps on the fore/aft edges of the plate;

A full view of the PPQ in its current configuration with optic and Walther Dynamic Trigger installed;

Will be hitting the local indoor range soon for the sight-in.
    #PaddleNation
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List