Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apex Trigger Shoe compatibly with SCD

Apex Trigger Shoe compatibly with SCD

Gents,
    I believe this has been hashed and re-hashed here, but I nonetheless haven’t been able to lock down an answer this specific question.

Will the Apex Trigger Shoe (only - no aftermarket trigger bar or connector) play correctly with the SCD (mine are Tau, may be some LTTs in my future though)? I can’t seem to sift thru whether the pre-travel reduction and reset reduction are a function of the trigger shoe or trigger bar/connector changes. Will the installation of the only Apex Trigger Shoe still allow the SCD to sit flat/flush when the trigger is at rest?

I would like to give a flat-faced trigger a go, but I want to retain as much of the factory safety standards as possible. In other words, I want the most conservative flat-faced trigger set up I can get. The Apex Trigger shoe seems to be that.
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
    No one is coming. It is up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    Gents,
    I believe this has been hashed and re-hashed here, but I nonetheless haven’t been able to lock down an answer this specific question.

Will the Apex Trigger Shoe (only - no aftermarket trigger bar or connector) play correctly with the SCD (mine are Tau, may be some LTTs in my future though)? I can’t seem to sift thru whether the pre-travel reduction and reset reduction are a function of the trigger shoe or trigger bar/connector changes. Will the installation of the only Apex Trigger Shoe still allow the SCD to sit flat/flush when the trigger is at rest?

I would like to give a flat-faced trigger a go, but I want to retain as much of the factory safety standards as possible. In other words, I want the most conservative flat-faced trigger set up I can get. The Apex Trigger shoe seems to be that.
    I had the same requirements, and ended up with the polymer TD flat trigger shoes. I can find no measurable difference in function from stock.

Do you have a spare that you can leave stock and make measurements against?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I can't speak to the Apex trigger shoe, but I recently dropped an Overwatch Precision TAC trigger into a G19. The Tau SCD sits flat and functions fine.

The TAC is a flat-faced trigger shoe on a Glock OEM trigger bar with NPE coating. But in timed drills it doesn't make any difference to my shooting. YMMV, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I can't speak to the Apex trigger shoe, but I recently dropped an Overwatch Precision TAC trigger into a G19. The Tau SCD sits flat and functions fine.

The TAC is a flat-faced trigger shoe on a Glock OEM trigger bar with NPE coating. But in timed drills it doesn't make any difference to my shooting. YMMV, of course.
    What Generation of Glock 19?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tensaw View Post
    Gents,

I have Apex triggers in my Gen5 G17 pistols with the Tau SCD. It works just fine.

I prefer buying the trigger with the trigger bar installed on it. Apex uses the factory trigger bar on the Gen5 models.

Apex is the only aftermarket fire control parts I use on Glocks because they're the only ones I trust (based on what I've seen over the years) to have properly engineered their parts to maintain safety.

It's kind of a clue that Boresight and LTT use Apex parts exclusively in their Glock packages.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 02-19-2022 at 02:39 PM.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by LukeNCMX View Post
    What Generation of Glock 19?
    Gen 3. Factory minus connector and NY1 spring, if it matters.

You need to test it in your specific gun.

I tried a Apex trigger in a gen 5 g45 and my SCD did not sit flush. It sat a little proud. I remember reading that Tom said he designed the SCD to have some clearance between the striker and SCD. I highly value the SCD and so the Apex trigger moved on.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I have Apex triggers in my Gen5 G17 pistols with the Tau SCD. It works just fine.

I prefer buying the trigger with the trigger bar installed on it. Apex uses the factory trigger bar on the Gen5 models.

Apex is the only aftermarket fire control parts I use on Glocks because they're the only ones I trust (based on what I've seen over the years) to have properly engineered their parts to maintain safety.

It's kind of a clue that Boresight and LTT use Apex parts exclusively in their Glock packages.
    Seconded. My only complaint is finding a place with them in stock right now.

ETA: I should proof-read my messages closer when using a Mobile Device.
    Last edited by BWT; 02-19-2022 at 04:31 PM.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Site Supporter
    I know the SSVI (now Glockmeister) TYR trigger works fine with the SCD in both Gen 4 and 5.

Thanks gents. I think I got it.
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
    No one is coming. It is up to us.

User Tag List