Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Anyone here actually own a P365 SAS on here?

JCN, Thanks for linking that I got swamped in the meantime. Also, Can you comment on your perception of the recoil mitigation of the ported SAS vs. your Spectre comp?

Thanks,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    JCN, Thanks for linking that I got swamped in the meantime. Also, Can you comment on your perception of the recoil mitigation of the ported SAS vs. your Spectre comp?

Thanks,
    Dave
    From the Spectre Comp thread

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1329009

The ported SAS is probably a little less mitigation than the Spectre Comp.
    But it still does a little something.

Since I did that video, I opened up the ports on my home brew porting of the XL and now it’s very soft…

Thanks, that is helpful. I just ordered an SAS with ports. I am gonna give it another try based on your range reports-enabler!

Davw

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I like the sights too!

Humor me and try and see if your sights are on windage at 25 yards if you haven’t already.

Mine were about 3 inches to the right at 25 yards and I didn’t notice them being off when I only shot closer.
    Yep, a bit to the right. 5 rounds @ 25 yards using American Eagle 115 FMJ (AE9AP) from a hasty rest. This was shot cold. I did not shoot more due to the sight issues below, I'm really amazed that I did this well TBH.

Name:  IMG_0310.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  43.1 KB

I have found the major drawback (IMO) of the sights - I had a hell of a time seeing the ringdot even during noon daylight while under the shade of the pavilion. Also, there was a 'lens flare' effect on the sight which doubled down the difficulty. (man, its seriously weird trying to figure out the correct nomenclature for the bits of this sight) I need to try this in an indoor range to see what happens under indoor lighting conditions. When the sight has a good light source it is amazing, allow the source to degrade and the sight performance and usability does as well.

The porting was very effective, even from the rest I did not loose my grip during the string. This is no real surprise based on my previous outings where 3-4 shot rapids fire strings were stupidly easy to maintain at 10 yards.
    "Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Brown v. United States, 256 U.S. 335 (1921)

User Tag List