Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone here actually own a P365 SAS on here?

Anyone here actually own a P365 SAS on here?

I own a P365XL MS and love it. The more I shoot it, the more I love it. A couple weeks ago I took the P320 armorer's class followed by the P365 class and after spending quite a bit of time playing and shooting these guns in the last six months I've come around and I really like them.

I want a smaller P365 to fill the NPE pocket/ankle/vest/holster-less IWB role that for years I've used a combo of the S&W 442 with Barami hip-grip and Kahr CW380 to fill. The slicker and easier to come out of a pocket or ankle holster the better. This has me considering the P365SAS, a gun I never would have considered before.

There is a fourteen-page P365SAS hate thread from a couple years ago on here, but that doesn't mean much.

Does anyone on here actually own or have experience and feedback with the gun?

Me

@KevH

I’m actually at the range right now testing some revolver trigger weight stuff but still have my SAS slide.

What can I help with? I can get some video if there’s something specific you’d like to see.

@JCN

More feedback on if the sight actually works and if there is any issue with the pistol as a whole.

I've used the course J-frame sights for years and make them work, but it requires a lot of work. I want to be able to reliably make hits on an 8" plate at 25 yards (sort of my own personal standard) or is the sight going to only work for point-shooting and hitting a silhouette at about 10 yards?

Does the snag-free nature of the SAS work that much better for pocket carry as opposed to one with standard sights? I picture this gun living in my pocket in a pocket holster more than anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    @JCN

More feedback on if the sight actually works and if there is any issue with the pistol as a whole.

I've used the course J-frame sights for years and make them work, but it requires a lot of work. I want to be able to reliably make hits on an 8" plate at 25 yards (sort of my own personal standard) or is the sight going to only work for point-shooting and hitting a silhouette at about 10 yards?

Does the snag-free nature of the SAS work that much better for pocket carry as opposed to one with standard sights? I picture this gun living in my pocket in a pocket holster more than anywhere else.
    Watch this and then see if there are things I can qualify or quantify.

Note that’s not the mechanical limit of the gun, that’s just what I could do cold at that speed.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Watch this and then see if there are things I can qualify or quantify.

Note that’s not the mechanical limit of the gun, that’s just what I could do cold at that speed.
    Thank you for that!

Thank you for that!
    So some thoughts about it.

I don’t have a lot of rounds on that slide or a lot of experience with the sight.

With some practice, I think I could probably cut those groups in half.

I feel like if you have a good red dot index, the SAS sight is very usable.

If you have to hunt at all for a red dot, it’s going to be a challenge to use something like this.

Think of it like a very small window RDS.

Initially I bought a 938 SAS slide for pocket carry and liked it so much that I bought the 365 slide as well. Mine is the ported version.

Here are some of the first 938 shots:

I currently use the 365 SAS on a short grip module carried in an Enigma as my “I’m not wearing a belt” gun.

I don’t think it doesn’t anything really better than a regular 365 from a snag or draw standpoint. It’s mainly because I like it and think it’s cool. #carryrotation

I like the porting coupled with the regular grip though. @GJM

The porting with the short grip module feels more shootable to me than without. So that’s the main benefit of the gun configuration for me.

If it was a non-ported version, I’d probably just do a regular 365 instead.

So I basically bought it for the porting and the sights don’t hamper me too much.

There is a fourteen-page P365SAS hate thread from a couple years ago on here, but that doesn't mean much.

Does anyone on here actually own or have experience and feedback with the gun?
    It's a pretty good thread. Here's my post from it, and my views haven't changed.

I've used the SAS sights and have had them come through CCW and BUG training. They can work, but are harder work. Slide indexing up close is easy, but they obscure smaller low% shots up close and larger targets at distance. They aren't even as good as basic J frame grooves and ramps. Mostly a marketing gimmick, and smartly choosing a set of irons is a better course of action. Not allowed for anyone I'm responsible for. I'd ban them from other stuff, but sometimes (and in the last year especially) it might be the only gun they have and they may as well learn to use it.

I like this from Karl Rehn on the SAS sights, here: https://blog.krtraining.com/365-sas-sights/

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Rehn
    The SAS sights seem to appeal to people that aren’t skilled or knowledgeable about shooting or carrying. They think that regular sights, which are easier to see, will “print too much” or snag on clothing, or they plan on using the 365 as a pocket gun, with no expectation that they will ever need to hit a target at farther than 5 yards. It’s true that the majority of self defense incidents occur at close range, but even in those situations, the threat may be moving, obscured behind cover, or there may be a family member in between the shooter and the threat. So the ability to shoot with precision should be considered essential.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Site Supporter
    I have not used the SAS version( but I carry a standard P365 about 95% of the time. About 40% of that is pocket carry. I do not find snagging to be an issue. However, if I recall correctly, JodyH has posted that he has found sight snagging to be an issue when drawing from a pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

The more I'm reading about the SAS, the more I think I'm going to pass and probably pick up a standard P365.

User Tag List