Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AIWB holster for RDS

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Thanks for the encouragement and ideas. I’ve tried gaining weight but failed so far. I’ll add some more beer and chips.

Fortunately, I had a breakthrough yesterday. As suggested by @David S. , moving the holster left helped immensely. The optic is now at the belt line.

Pics to follow when I get a chance.
    @Flamingo, I am intrigued by the Enigma. It seems like a bit of a hassle to put on…
    It really isn't that much of hassle, if you want I can send you a spare one to try out. I will just need to pull off the shield holster that is on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    It really isn't that much of hassle, if you want I can send you a spare one to try out. I will just need to pull off the shield holster that is on it.
    Thanks dude. That's kind of you. I'm going to work on this a bit longer, and don't feel like diving into that rabbit hole just yet. Maybe next time we get together? Hopefully sooner than later?

That's interesting you use it for such a small gun. I had assumed it was more for larger weapons.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

It works good with the shield, it works much better with the G19.

I am intrigued by the Enigma. It seems like a bit of a hassle to put on…
    The Enigma system is great for what it’s for- beltless carry. I like mine quite a lot for the times when I need it.

I think, however, that it is worth reading this, from PHLster themselves: https://www.phlsterholsters.com/7-re...vTNDIQNk1xOGlY

In my opinion, that is a stunning level of honesty from a company that seems dedicated to happy customers, rather than sales volume.

Now, if none of those listed items are game stoppers for you, it is certainly worth the effort to add it to your toolbox of solutions.

That's interesting you use it for such a small gun. I had assumed it was more for larger weapons.
    I use it for a P365 SAS with short grip module.

…, moving the holster left helped immensely. The optic is now at the belt line.

Is that belt a little soft? Seems like some of the acute angles smooth out with stiffer belts.

I’ve also use the buckle placement at 11 o’clock to break up the external visual.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Is that belt a little soft? Seems like some of the acute angles smooth out with stiffer belts.

I’ve also use the buckle placement at 11 o’clock to break up the external visual.
    That’s actually the stiffest belt I use for a AIWB. It’s a Graith Sanmai with a stiff plastic core. Again for reasons of free movement, I don’t like stiff belts.

That’s actually the stiffest belt I use for a AIWB. It’s a Graith Sanmai with a stiff plastic core. Again for reasons of free movement, I don’t like stiff belts.
    I think we are just going to have to surgically implant a firearm into your leg a la Robocop or replace a limb like Rose McGowan to get around the requirements.

Winner winner chicken dinner!

JMCK AIWB Wing Claw 2.5 with claw removed provides just the right amount of tuck.

User Tag List