Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AIWB holster for RDS

Site Supporter
    Have you tied an extra magazine not in a sidecar holster?
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Have you tied an extra magazine not in a sidecar holster?
    Yes. Just did now. This helps a lot
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Yes. Just did now. This helps a lot
    It's what I use to help conceal my big ol' Delta Point. Somedays I'll carry my j-frame and extra magazine but I have a 37 inch waist and plenty of real estate.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Let's keep this thread going. I think it's a common issue now that more people are adding a RDS to their AIWB system.
    You could just put a smaller mailbox on your gun or use a thinner gun…

My normal single clip carry holster has a Kydex optic shroud that can help.

Name:  8422A856-64D7-41C6-9D09-1B313EF0CC54.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  51.4 KB

I was experimenting with some holsters yesterday and found that the large standoff on one of my JMCK holsters was tucking too much and causing the slide to print. Switched over to the smaller stand-off and I had good grip tuck and the slide wasn’t printing. This was not with any kind of RDS, just something I noticed playing with holsters around the house.

If we establish a midline on the gun, near the barrel and running vertivcally, we need to balance the inward forces on each side for overall comfort, as well as the levers/points of contact that rotate the grip in (and optic out).

You may find the Light Wing to help push things in more overall, and mitigate some of the optic printing.

In your case, and most, I always suggest starting from zero. Treat it like a good meal at a Michelin star restaurant. Don't go adding salt and pepper until you've tasted it. Wing it to control the grip, until the optic pokes too much, then pad it at the muzzle to help control the optic (and get some grip aid).

I too prefer the movement of slightly narrower clip points, and sometimes this freedom helps a ton. Forcing the gun, too much, to be in fixed too much, doesn't usually help most. Don't mix that with the gun sliding all over the place though. A pair of PTD's or even DCC's, and a decent belt, will be enough to let things wiggle a bit, be where they need to be, and not fight the body.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I wonder if there's any fine tuning to be gained with wedge placement.

H/T PHLster.

Name:  274540928_10100899901938041_6994715304391579877_n.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  78.4 KB
    David S.

Have you thought about using an Enigma? I am not using a mailbox, but the Enigma with a JMCK Enigma shell and MMT crotch pillow keeps thing pretty tight for my G19.

My waist is a little bigger than yours (33ish).

Name:  976A0487-D0A2-4376-B6C5-3877F6A652B9.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  46.9 KB

If that 31” waist is the cause of the problem, there’s a cheap and easy solution….

(Mine is 34, and I run a full size comped VP9 with RMR and PL350 in a PHLster Floodlight, with no printing at all. A VDEVGRU teardrop wedge is the secret sauce)
    Attached Images Attached Images   

AIWB holster for RDS

Thanks for the encouragement and ideas. I’ve tried gaining weight but failed so far. I’ll add some more beer and chips.

Fortunately, I had a breakthrough yesterday. As suggested by @David S. , moving the holster left helped immensely. The optic is now at the belt line.

Pics to follow when I get a chance.
    @Flamingo, I am intrigued by the Enigma. It seems like a bit of a hassle to put on…
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 02-22-2022 at 09:35 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List