Thread: Action Steel 22 braced charger legal ?

Action Steel 22 braced charger legal ?

I was thinking of shooting Action Steel this weekend. And I had three rimfire rifles I could shoot.

1) 22 Ruger charger with a brace and a holosun

2) 10/22 irons

3) Tactical solution 10/22 with holosun (not reliable…with high capacity magazines)

I would prefer to shoot the braced charger, I wonder if it’s legal.

Anyone know if it is ?

Quote Originally Posted by 365X View Post
    I was thinking of shooting Action Steel this weekend. And I had three rimfire rifles I could shoot.

1) 22 Ruger charger with a brace and a holosun

2) 10/22 irons

3) Tactical solution 10/22 with holosun (not reliable…with high capacity magazines)

I would prefer to shoot the braced charger, I wonder if it’s legal.

Anyone know if it is ?
    If USPSA or an IDPA rules event generally braces aren’t allowed on any gun.

Short barreled things are allowed if they’re Form 1 SBRs but they have to wear stocks instead of braces even if technically federally legal to use a brace.

If it’s an “outlaw” match (outside of official sanctioning), then sometimes a match director will let anything go, so email or call them to see what they think.

As an aside…

Similar to what you were thinking we have a local IDPA plus extra stuff match that allows 22LR for pandemic ammo.

I wanted to run the 22LR Kriss Vector (top picture) because 30 round magazines.

Name:  86CFC0D1-405F-43A1-96E3-419754F5FE7F.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  86.8 KB

Was going to SBR it but instead found the H&K MP5 with fake suppressor hiding a full 16” barrel so it’s already fully rifle legal.

25 round mags and reliable.

Name:  F15C2973-41CB-4580-8015-B18CB2BBEED6.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  14.3 KB

They come with the collapsible stock but I put an adapter with a 1913 rail so I could use a spare MPX stock I had sitting around.

I don't know what "action steel" is. Steel Challenge, being a wing of USPSA, does not allow Pistifles. (Term coined long ago by a gunzine writer for Contender and XP-100.) I think papered SBRs are ok.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List