Thread: The "Candy Bomber" Has Died

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I’d never heard of Mr Halverson before reading the article but damned if it didn’t get a little dusty in the room reading the article. RIP Sir.

We are diminished
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

RIP Mr. Halvorsen, a true man of honor and humanity.

Reading the article and remembering the Berlin blockade, it reminds how long Russian leadership has been a bunch of assholes. I truly hope the current batch of Putin fuckwads die a death of a 1,000 cuts in the Ukraine, and I'd happily contribute to their demise.

He also came out of retirement in the mid-1990s to drop candy on the children of Sarajevo, which was under siege at the time.

https://www.deseret.com/1994/3/29/19...ikes-in-bosnia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was privileged to hear Col Halvorsen give the keynote address at Dulaney Valley Memorial Gardens (Baltimore MD), one Memorial Day sometime in the late 90s. I will long remember his outstanding speech. We are truly diminished. RIP.

-Rainman

I got to meet the Candy Bomber in Iceland in 1997. Now I must find the pictures. RIP.

Col. Halverson was a local celebrity and my wife and I got to meet him at a couple of fly in breakfasts at the airport. My wife once worked the griddle making pancakes, eggs & bacon for everyone.

Col. Halverson was a class act and friendly to everyone. He'll be missed.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

User Tag List