Thread: CO USPSA, Light vs No Light

CO USPSA, Light vs No Light

Are there any pros to running without a light? I've seen a lot of higher-level shooters, even those shooting Glocks, running them without lights. Is it because the light might interfere with their support hand finger on the trigger guard grip? That would be my guess.

More mass at the end means you're more likely to overswing on a target during transitions.

I shoot a 4.25” M&P. I tried a TLR-1 for a few practices and 2-3 matches. I didn’t help me and I took it off due to bulk/ holster selection. I’m a B class shooter for what that is worth.

The only lights I have seen appear, from the gun and holster, to be real lights on real duty weapons, not ballast to save the cost of a three pound CZ.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I tried it, and decided it's not for me. On a S2, the weight distribution felt goofy, and I'm happy with the recoil control as is. On a really light plastic gun, maybe?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I ran an X300 on my five inch M&P CORE, and believed the extra weight helped. I don’t run a light on my AXG 320 CO pistol. I run a TLR-7 on most of my carry guns, primarily for the light, but some weight helps.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    More mass at the end means you're more likely to overswing on a target during transitions.
    This is not true for many people, there is a limit where this probably becomes an issue but as a general statement I believe it to be false.

I find guns in the 40-45 oz range transition better and settle faster during movement. I have not done any shooting with a gun above 45 oz so I don't know where that drop off begins.

User Tag List