Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: .380 Sig P365 just announced

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    2.0 ounces lighter
    That puts it around 19.0 oz loaded which makes it viable for the pocket IMO.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    On the plus side, the 365 would have better sights than the 442/642 but there are ways around that (paint, LCR, 340PD/MP340).
    The irrational absence of, if not great, at least easily replaced sights on ALL J-frames and SP101s remains a blot, "I said blot, son," on the escutcheons of S&W and Ruger. Look at the Novak-style setups on some of the distributors' runs. I may be an anachronism, but any firearm I can't fairly easily replace a front blade on and at least be able to drift the rear is one that has - or will - piss me off.

As for a .380 P365...

I'm sure it will gladden somebody.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    2.0 ounces lighter
    I'm surprised it's not mo'lighter. I'm wondering if 380 will have enough oomph to reliably cycle this variant, which dimensions appear identical to a regular 9mm slide based on the manufacturer provided specs.

For examples of what I'm talking about, look at the S&W Shield EZ's heavily scalloped slide compared to the regular shield. The SIG P250 380 also used the subcompact slide on the Compact 380 variant....not the Compact slide length...and even with that weight reduction in reciprocating mass it still cycles extremely soft. The Glock 42's slide is substantially lighter than the Glock 43 slide, ditto the Kahr P380 and PM9....the latter has a .9" slide, with the P380 having a .75" slide.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    The irrational absence of, if not great, at least easily replaced sights on ALL J-frames and SP101s remains a blot, "I said blot, son," on the escutcheons of S&W and Ruger. Look at the Novak-style setups on some of the distributors' runs. I may be an anachronism, but any firearm I can't fairly easily replace a front blade on and at least be able to drift the rear is one that has - or will - piss me off.

As for a .380 P365...

I'm sure it will gladden somebody.
    Wholeheartedly agree about the lack of sight options for all of the Js. 442/642 with pinned front blades (and properly aligned barrels) is a no brainer.

SIG will sell a buttload of the new guns.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

According to the email from Sig introducing this, the grip module and FCU are the same, but the barrel and lightened slide are different. Also, there will be 10, 12 and 15 round magazines. So, about 2 ounces less of slide weight.

PS, I also noticed that the optic plate arrangement is similar to the Spectre Comp, where the rear sight dovetail is not part of the plate.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Old man gun.
    Yep. I know a few people who struggle mightily with all the current micro9s. Recoil, slide manipulation, etc. I'll be picking one of these up after the first recall.

Hoping this is as shootable as a Glock 42 with more bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Hoping this is as shootable as a Glock 42 with more bullets.
    One things for sure, my Glock 42 just instantly became a gun that I'll never be able to sell. Maybe I could give it away for free. Only other option to offload it from here on out with be driving to a gun buyback in another state.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    One things for sure, my Glock 42 just instantly became a gun that I'll never be able to sell. Maybe I could give it away for free. Only other option to offload it from here on out with be driving to a gun buyback in another state.
    Twenty bucks is twenty bucks.

Site Supporter
    Oh, dear - I'm going to shoot my G42 in a match today. I doubt I would buy a replacment 380. I might be old school but the 432 will be my pocket gun for the future. I don't see a pocket anything worth replacing the 432 in the time I have left. I got holsters and lots of ammo for it that will probably outlast me given actuarial predictions of my life span.

However, I might channel my inner Paladin for a 380 like this: https://www.thetacticalwire.com/rele...e-16690aadc093

Two shots are enough (joke, joke!).

I hear the bit about hand strength. My shoulders are shot and I was lifting some long arms yesterday for a surprising Ouch, that hurts. So far my hands hold up.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 02-17-2022 at 12:55 PM.

With a decade of nerve damage in my arm that leads to some marksmanship struggles this little thing has me very interested.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

User Tag List