Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: .380 Sig P365 just announced

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Time to start sending emails to get a .32NAA Barrel made...
    I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I won’t buy one as a complete gun, but I’ll bet a number of existing P365 9mm owners will pick up a conversion slide when available. Looks like it works with existing lowers so an X-change kit costing 90% of the new gun is in the works I’m sure!

(I’ll probably buy one)
    I look forward to your exploits/dabbling in making it gamer gun complaint(ish?).

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Now we're cooking with gas.

P365 in .380, manual safety, optics ready, 12, and 15-round mags you say?

Time to start sending emails to get a .32NAA Barrel made...
    This would be interesting for certain.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Really like that they are now doing optic cuts forward of the rear dovetail... I am waiting on a second sig 365xl until they offer a xl slide like that..
    Don’t hold your breath.

Nothing draws from a pocket like a j.....

If it's on a belt what does it do better than a 9?.....for the general population? Once it is loaded slide manipulation is of minimal relevance.

Oh yea its a .380.....

YMMV

Site Supporter
    I have two relatives with wrist or elbow issues which could impact their comfort with recoil. So, even though I am carrying a 9mm P365 as I type this, I will definitely be on the lookout for a .380 version (without the safety).

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Hm.

Would seem to be a pretty decent alternative to a 5 shot snubbie? Better maybe?
    Welp my ardor for "a new gun" cooled quite a bit. I went back and re-read Doc's thread on .38 vs. 380.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....0-ACP-vs-38-Sp

Paraphrasing Doc, a wadcutter out of a short barrel .38 is more effective performer than 380. And there are considerations with pocket carry (lint, dirt), and for contact/up close shots, that make a revolver a better option, so I will be keeping my LCR loaded with Federal GMM.

Cool gun though. I'll be interested in how it shakes out for Sig.

Welp my ardor for "a new gun" cooled quite a bit. I went back and re-read Doc's thread on .38 vs. 380.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....0-ACP-vs-38-Sp

Paraphrasing Doc, a wadcutter out of a short barrel .38 is more effective performer than 380. And there are considerations with pocket carry (lint, dirt), and for contact/up close shots, that make a revolver a better option, so I will be keeping my LCR loaded with Federal GMM.

Cool gun though. I'll be interested in how it shakes out for Sig.
    You do realize that is a 10 year old post.

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    You do realize that is a 10 year old post.
    And that it is all that is available here on p-f, no?

Do you think things have changed much as regards the effectiveness of .38 WC ammo vs. .380ACP in the last 10 years? (honest question, no snark intended.)

I’ll let “enthusiastic others” be beta testers. Then, well, it is an auto-pistol. .380 ACP. Vetting it, and I mean REALLY vetting it, with a street-relevant load, at more than a dollar per round, adds hundreds to the true cost of ownership, and that is after having run decent training ammo through it, at more than $0.60 per round.

Then, there is my gimpy right hand. This would have to be an LHO pistol. Left Hand, Only. (I no longer trust my right hand to reliably support the frame, to ensure the cycling of most autos.)

I bought yet another .38 snub-gun, yesterday. (Not a J-Snub. Heft. Hand-fillin’.)

SIG will probably sell all they can make.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

And that it is all that is available here on p-f, no?

Do you think things have changed much as regards the effectiveness of .38 WC ammo vs. .380ACP in the last 10 years? (honest question, no snark intended.)

It probably is the most current available info here on PF from him but there are other sources and data with proper gel and testing. Lucky Gunner has done widespread testing and provide their results for all to see and although it isn't 10% ordinance gel used it is still more current and a true apples to apples comparison of different loads, calibers and barrel lengths.

As for the second part of your response look at it this way. Both the 380 and 38 Spl are the same dia to start. 38WC is the same dia the entire bullet path. If a 380 HP expands and reaches the 12-18" or more depth of penetration it is crushing more tissue and thus performs better. If a 380HP doesn't expand beyond .355 and reaches 12-18" or further then it is basically doing the same amount of tissue damage. Any minor difference is irrelevant. Bullet placement and penetration are the real factors anything else is a small bonus at best especially with calibers below 9mm performance.

That said 38 Spl offers 5-6 rounds and slower more cumbersome reloads if they are carried and how they are carried. 380 offers 7 rounds in small single stacks and now 11-14 rounds in similar size and weight packages that are flatter.

Everyone has to decide for themselves but I find it funny that there are plenty of discussions here on PF about 10 rounds and a 1 or 2 badguy capacity gun and a similar number of threads about the 38 snub nose being just fine.

User Tag List