Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: .380 Sig P365 just announced

Site Supporter
    I've taken mine out to the range a couple times and I've put about 150 rounds through it.
    I have an injured/weak right hand and arm -- I really can barely grip with my right hand -- so my accuracy testing is pretty subjective. It is quite accurate and easy to shoot.

Reliabiity is probably good. I had one malfunction, a failure to extract, on the very first round that I attribute to easing the slide forward. On Sunday I shot 7 rounds of PPU Serbian stuff that I bought in the 2009 shortage and the gun would not eject the cases. It felt noticeably under-powered, so I'm chalking it up to the Serbian ammo.

It ran just fine on Blazer Brass, Fiocchi 95 grain and about 10 rounds of critical defense. The Blazer brass seemed to be less powerful than the Fiocchi ammo, but the gun still ran fine. I haven't bought 380 for awhile, so I'm sort of scraping up the leftovers from when I used to shoot them more. The gun is not as finicky as the SIG 290RS 380 that I used to have. And, it is much more pleasant to shoot than the old LCP (and way easier to manipulate and clear issues). It's obviously not as "EZ" as a Shield EZ (which are really easy to shoot) but it is a much smaller gun.

The gun has a pretty tight lock up, so for me it is actually pretty difficult to rack. I did put a Arachnigrips slide spider on it, which made it much easier to manipulate.

https://arachnigrip.com/

Trigger pull weight on mine seems to be about high 5 pounds to 6 pounds, but it seems fine. It definitely breaks further out than my M&P triggers, so that is just something to watch for. I prefer that weight (one of the reasons I don't have an EZ) so it is fine with me.

The biggest issue I have right now is that loading the magazine on this gun is really difficult for me. I've been shooting for decades and I can work my way around loading Glock, M&P and other mags pretty easily, especially with loading tools like the standard Glock tool. The tool that Sig shipped with the gun appears to be designed for a 9mm. Since the magazine is a 9mm magazine with a spacer in the back, the Sig magazine loading tool presses down on the cartridge case too far back, and it just causes the bullet to tip upward. It's kind of useless. I'll have to see if something else will work.

Anyway, so far it's been a nice shooting gun for its size. It's definitely nicely made. Because of the tight lock up and magazine loading issues, I'm not sure it qualifies as an old man gun, though, without some extra tools. Your arthritic hands may vary...
    Last edited by idahojess; 03-29-2022 at 03:09 PM.

Was kinda a naysayer, but got one to try and I am floored! Only 100 rounds so far but Love it. Tad lighter, slide pull is honestly similar, but recoil is non existent, and hole in hole accurate at 10 yards. Gonna install a safety, put it in a Wilson grip it is great.

Wife approved.

I put the 380 slide on one of my gamer WC lowers with MS.

She loved it. Easy to rack, mild recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I put the 380 slide on one of my gamer WC lowers with MS.

She loved it. Easy to rack, mild recoil.
    This makes me curious, as a gun to introduce new people. My pistols have been full-size, or else a LCP, but I’m getting caught up in the P365 fever. I wonder what a Wilson-Katana frame sporting a TLR-7sub would be like with a dotted 380 slide? I wonder also, how that same dotted .380 slide would compare to a comped 9mm slide, at least for a person new to shooting?
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Has anyone seen conversion kits available yet? The .380 version isn't Mass Compliant but I could pickup the P365-MS and add the conversion kit.

Quote Originally Posted by alohadoug View Post
    Has anyone seen conversion kits available yet? The .380 version isn't Mass Compliant but I could pickup the P365-MS and add the conversion kit.
    You could probably get someone to buy one and sell you the slide. It’s not a straw purchase because a slide isn’t a firearm.

Site Supporter
    Oddly enough I've had some failures to feed with about 5 of 60 Underwood XTP rounds. I believe the malfunctions occur around the 2-4 rounds in a fully loaded 10 round magazine.

The malfs are more prevalent in the magazine without the pinky extension, but I had one malf in a mag with the pinky extension. Gun just doesn't go fully into battery. I have grip issues, so it could be an issue that is personal to me.

I picked up the Underwood stuff recently -- I suppose I'll just go with some ball ammo.

It is a very pleasant gun to shoot.

I like her reviewing style.

Negative review on this pistol.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

How’s everyone’s pistol performing after a few months since this last post? Looking to buy a first pistol for my girlfriend, she’s a little thing and I’m thinking this may be a good option. I’m going to have her shoot both the 9mm and .380 versions first to determine how recoil sensitive she is. 9mm is option 1 but if she finds it too snappy then I want her to still have something she can protect herself with.

Reliability is #1.

.380 too anemic or are there loads out there that perform acceptably? Gold dot, hornaday, etc.?

A friend just got a new 365 .380 and has been experiencing reliability problems. Between that and reviews I have read, I get the impression that the .380 isn't as reliable as the 365 in 9.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List