Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: .380 Sig P365 just announced

Site Supporter

.380 Sig P365 just announced

New .380 P365 just announced...

https://www.sigsauer.com/p365-380.html

Edited to add: And thankfully there is a manual safety version

Hm.

Would seem to be a pretty decent alternative to a 5 shot snubbie? Better maybe?

2.0 ounces lighter
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Old man gun. This century’s optic-ready CZ83. I have no interest right now, but I reserve the right to change my mind.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Interesting that it’s based on the X slide.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

This could be a terrific pistol for those that are recoil sensitive. One of these with an EPS Carry or 507K in circle dot would be interesting for those folks.

Really like that they are now doing optic cuts forward of the rear dovetail... I am waiting on a second sig 365xl until they offer a xl slide like that..

I am curious what parts interchange with the 9mm 365 family?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Hm.

I would say no. Similar size, not a revolver, and weaker caliber (compared to 9mm) seems like a poor trade. For me a .380 snubby alternative has to be significantly smaller (e.g. LCP or p380).
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Hm.

Maybe but maybe not. I think it would depend on the role for the gun and the new design's tolerance for friction causing contaminants and less than strong shooting positions. The .380 doesn't have a lot of operating pressure to spare to make a sticky gun work under those conditions. As a BUG where it is stored on an ankle, in a pocket, or mounded between uniform/armor layers it is likely to get all gunked up. As a BUG, it is also very likely to be fired from non-traditional or non-locked shooting position by an officer under duress. Small 9mm guns with greater operating pressure than the .380 ACP, like the G43, sometimes have issues under those conditions. On the plus side, the 365 would have better sights than the 442/642 but there are ways around that (paint, LCR, 340PD/MP340). Small and flat, as I would assume the new 365 to be, is a good attribute for deep carry but it can also be an impediment to deployment. The shape of the small revo stock tends to be concealable and easier to grab for some. I'm going back and forth with the issue of G43 or 442 as a BUG. For me the small revolver is winning the race but not by enough to say the small auto is DQed.

If the new 365 were to be used as an "always have a gun rule" gun, especially for someone who uses the P320, it may have some benefits over the revolver.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

User Tag List