Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It Isn't Just Getting Shot At.

It Isn't Just Getting Shot At.

Old news, but the video just now published.

A woman barred from boarding a flight to the Big Apple because she appeared drunk led police on a wild chase on her motorized suitcase — before allegedly spitting at a cop and defecating in a patrol car.

Chelsea Alston, 32, is seen on the bizarre pursuit in newly-released bodycam video at Orlando International Airport, where she planned to board a Southwest Airlines flight in April 2021.

https://nypost.com/2022/02/16/banned...rce=NYPTwitter
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I want to know more about the motorized suitcase....

Li-ion batteries?
    Range?
    Top speed?

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post

Li-ion batteries?
    Range?
    Top speed?
    https://www.thedrive.com/news/44305/...lorida-airport

The suitcase the woman used to evade police in the airport appears to be a Modobag, a $1,495 piece of luggage with a 150-watt electric motor—that's about one-fifth of a horsepower. Capable of charging to max capacity in two hours, it can travel a distance of up to six miles and has a top speed of seven miles per hour. It's not what anyone would call wildly quick, but it's certainly fast enough to tire out a pursuing police officer.
    "To achieve any significant technological breakthrough, much Derp must be endured." -Rich@CCC
    "Your shotgun is running a bit frenetic, you should add some lavender to your lubricant, that should calm it down." -Aray, Oils and Lotions SME

"I's not what anyone would call wildly quick, but it's certainly fast enough to tire out a pursuing police officer."

I have absolute faith that absent a good-size head start the law enforcement denizens of this forum would quickly apprehend. After all 7 mph is barely breaking a 9 min. mile and I bet the rated top speed is in the unloaded configuration. The suspect could probably have run faster but wasn't about to abandon her nearly $2K suitcase and content behind.

"...Florida Woman..."

and

"...Motorized Suitcase..."

Geebus, what a combination...

At least is wasn’t The Luggage…
    —————
    The Luggage is a fictional object that appears in several of the Discworld novels by Terry Pratchett. It is a large chest made of Sapient Pearwood (a magical, intelligent plant which is nearly extinct, impervious to magic, and only grows in a few places outside the Agatean Empire, generally on sites of very old magic, such as Indian burial grounds and ancient monolithic sites). It can produce hundreds of little legs protruding from its underside and can move very fast if the need arises. It has been described as "half suitcase, half homicidal maniac" (Sourcery paperback p22).

Its function is to act as both a luggage carrier and bodyguard for its owner, against whom no threatening motion should be made. The Luggage is fiercely defensive of its owner, and is generally homicidal in nature, killing or eating several people and monsters and destroying various ships, walls, doors, and other obstacles throughout the books.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post

Li-ion batteries?
    Range?
    Top speed?
    Delta made a big deal about announcing that lithium powered luggage was not allowed on the plane under any circumstance on a recent flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Delta
    These Items are not Allowed at any Time
    • Aerosol products (such as cooking spray or anti-static spray)
    • Bleach, drain cleaners or pesticides
    • Fireworks or explosives
    • Gunpowder like Pyrodex, black powder, mace and pepper spray or bear deterrent
    • Torch or blue flame lighters and all lighter refills
    • Fuels (like gasoline or Sterno cans)
    • Paints, stains or lubricant
    • “Strike-anywhere” matches
    • Meals Ready to Eat (MREs)
    • Hoverboards, balance gliders, self-balancing boards or motorized riding suitcases that use lithium or lithium-ion batteries
    • Items with refrigerants including refrigerators, air conditioners, freezers or dehumidifiers
    TSA seems to agree.

Site Supporter

NY Woman?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    "...Florida Woman..."

and

"...Motorized Suitcase..."

Geebus, what a combination...
    I believe she was going home to NY… but she’s got potential. LMAO I feel bad as someone had to clean the patrol car.

The boys (and girls) from The Grand Tour have already raced motorized suitcases:

Is this the final season of The Universe?

It seems like they're just mailing it in now.

User Tag List