Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Flashlight without a “low” setting?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    The Modlite PLHv2 handheld is a great match for what you are looking for.

https://www.rooftopdefense.com/produ...light-package/

Use code "LUMENS" for ~$50 off.
    [sigh] That just cost me money.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    The only exception I've found is the HDS Systems Tactical Rotary interface.
    This is my favorite light. I like it enough that I bought a replacement when the one that I'd had for years went missing. It's not as powerful as a lot of other options but I think the interface is fantastic and and it's more than enough for my typical needs and anything that doesn't require reaching out over longer distances.

Vending Machine Operator
    While I played with the Ten-Tap for a while, I concluded that I still want to mess with a single output light and I still want something brighter for close-to-hand duty.

Thus, I’ve purchased a Surefire 6PX Tactical. The Streamlight ProTacAA is still great and will be reassigned, probably to car duty.

I’ll likely buy a few more in this thread. I love flashlights. Thanks for your collective wisdom once again, Pistol Forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

The Foursevens Quark QK16L MKIII is a great light that can also be programmed to only have a single full output mode.
    https://darksucks.com/products/quark-qk16l-mkiii

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    Pretty much constant companion for me is the Surefire “E2T-MV Tactician”. Spec of 800 lumens, pressure switch for momentary, or twist on for constant. One can twist the head for like 5 lumens, but it carry a small Streamlight aaa for “admin.”
    A Tactician has been my EDC light for I think almost a year now. I really like it! Very simple to use. The slimness of the body makes it much easier to pocket carry than the old 1" wide P60 style lights. And personally, I use the low setting on the light quite a bit. I keep the bezel tight so the light is by default on high mode, and if I need the low mode I have time to twist the bezel. That thing is pretty stiff, it is certainly not going to turn on its own! I'd claim just from eyeballing the light beam that the low mode is closer to 50 lumens than 5 - well, perhaps not quite that bright but certainly in the double digits. In my opinion the perfect amount of light for a low mode.

The beam is balanced more towards flood than throw, some might perhaps consider that a negative? Personally I like it that way for an EDC application.
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    This is gonna be an expensive thread. I had no idea what a total neophyte I still am when it comes to flashlights.

Is Fenix considered good? I have an ED2 I like a lot but I had a PD35 that was DRT when it fell off a 3 foot high side table.

The Fenix TK16 v2 is my favorite light. It's almost exactly the same size as the Surefire Dual Fuel Intellibeam (I also own). The TK16 is a little big for pocket carry so I carry it in a nylon belt pouch. I like the dual tailcap switch setup that provides one-handed operation. It does however have all the expected modes so it may not be what you're looking for.

This is my EDC;

Full info on this light here.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    Pretty much constant companion for me is the Surefire “E2T-MV Tactician”. Spec of 800 lumens, pressure switch for momentary, or twist on for constant. One can twist the head for like 5 lumens, but it carry a small Streamlight aaa for “admin.”
    I really, really like this one too. If a good sale hits I may end up with this one as well.

And one of the Malkoffs.

And the Modlite.

Maybe the Quark. Maybe another Fenix.

I’ve been a forum member since 2014 and I refuse to think about how much it has cost.

State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I have a couple of older Fenix flashlights.
    Tailcap switch push for intermittent, click for on-off. Twist the head for high-low.
    My Digilight Surefire copy with 10 year IDPA Nationals inscription is on-off, bright or black, period.

I like them a lot better than my Surefire which mediates high-low off the tailcap.

I have a very handy knockoff of a Nebo Franklin; C-LED strip floodlight down the side like the more common Larry Light and a spotlight out the end. The only problem is having to click through the modes. It comes on in spot, then side bright, side low, red flasher.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Smack dab in the middle of flyover country
    We use the Malkoff Wildcat for this and other purposes here. No low and lights up the entire yard like daylight. You won’t pocket carry it much but that isn’t it’s intended use case.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    The Modlite PLHv2 handheld is a great match for what you are looking for.

https://www.rooftopdefense.com/produ...light-package/

Use code "LUMENS" for ~$50 off.
    this post cost me $

User Tag List