Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Flashlight without a “low” setting?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clark Jackson View Post
    My only issue with Modlite (besides the paycheck pain) is the recharge only. I keep waiting or them to drop a "dual fuel" style light so I can use CR123's and 18650s.
    Their new Legacy series is dual fuel. Malkoff also offers quite a few dual fuel options (with slightly less paycheck pain).

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Their new Legacy series is dual fuel. Malkoff also offers quite a few dual fuel options (with slightly less paycheck pain).
    Nice! Thanks, I had not seen the Legacy series. Any experience with that series and how it stacks up to their previous offerings?
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clark Jackson View Post
    Nice! Thanks, I had not seen the Legacy series. Any experience with that series and how it stacks up to their previous offerings?
    I just looked at them at SHOT. I think they said they would have slightly decreased performance compared to the existing PLH/OKW (which makes sense given the limits of CR123As). They do have existing heads that are dual fuel for their standard body threads (same as SF Dual Fuel Scout), the Legacy models are just for the older Scout/E Series threads.

For a handheld, I still greatly prefer the Malkoff 1" heads because they are way more comfortable in a pocket. I've never found any of the 1.2"+ light heads to be comfortable for pocket carry.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I'm still a fan of the Haley Strategic exclusive Surefire D3FT. 500 lumens, on/off tailcap, no low power setting.
    Very interesting.... I hadn't seen that one and might have to try it out.

User Tag List