Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Montana Bullets Back Up and Accepting orders

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To

Montana Bullets Back Up and Accepting orders

If you’re familiar with them, you know they have been down for a while while they sorted out their ordering fraud problem. I have been checking their site on a regular basis waiting for them to get back on their feet. I received an email from Victoria yesterday stating they would turn the website on at 0900 this morning for orders. Sure enough...there it is.

While certainly not the cheapest, the quality of what they cast is museum-like. I used them previously for loading my .44spl GP100, and they are one of the few places that cast all the authentic Keith bullets. I restocked a bit on .44 255gr SWC, and added some #358156 (PB and GC) along with some nice 179gr Keith’s for the .357 and .38.

I’m glad to see them up and running again. I see no reason why the quality should be any different the previous, but I will certainly post my results.

Anyone else here a fan?
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Yes. I fed my .40-65 BPCR with their bullets under the past and present management.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    If you’re familiar with them, you know they have been down for a while while they sorted out their ordering fraud problem. I have been checking their site on a regular basis waiting for them to get back on their feet. I received an email from Victoria yesterday stating they would turn the website on at 0900 this morning for orders. Sure enough...there it is.

While certainly not the cheapest, the quality of what they cast is museum-like. I used them previously for loading my .44spl GP100, and they are one of the few places that cast all the authentic Keith bullets. I restocked a bit on .44 255gr SWC, and added some #358156 (PB and GC) along with some nice 179gr Keith’s for the .357 and .38.

I’m glad to see them up and running again. I see no reason why the quality should be any different the previous, but I will certainly post my results.

Anyone else here a fan?
    Yes! I have used their paper patched bullets in my Sharps.
    Shumba

While certainly not the cheapest, the quality of what they cast is museum-like.
    It's almost heartbreaking to take their bullets out of the box and load them.

They will cast with gas checks and size bullets to your spec. I'm not aware of another company that offers that. My 14" .44 Contender loves their 300gr GC.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

They certainly are museum pieces...lol. No casting lines, mirror finish, consistent size. I think they polish off the sprue marks as well... I can’t wait to get their #358156 on the bench.

They’re enroute. I received an email on shipping delay due to some WX issues up there this past week. Should arrive Thursday.

Anyone else here a fan?
    Huge fan. Extremely high quality product and people.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Our friendly Postal Carrier (she really is) jammed to entire order into our mailbox this afternoon. I’m glad the ground was frozen. Lol

Here are the 173’s. They almost look too pretty to shoot.

I have to dig out the load data and get the bench ready to charge some cases...

Name:  472D8834-1500-4A62-9AF8-A56FC8B798E4.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  44.4 KB

Site Supporter
    @entropy - One old Lyman manual I have, copyright 1955 (cover is missing so I can't tell which edition) shows 4.3 grains of Unique as a standard pressure load, and 5.9 grains as a "moderate .357 Magnum" load. Another Lyman manual I have, which has lost its front pages so I don't know if it's older or newer, shows 5 grains of Unique as a suggested load and 6 grains as a max load "in heavy frame guns only" which I interpret to mean .357s unless you happen to have a M20 or M23 or Colt New Service. I've got a couple hundred of the 6 grain version loaded up in Western (what else?) .38 Special brass and they run ~1070 fps from my 4" M28-2.

Thanks much. Good info.

I went back here a number of pages and discussions ago where 38/44 loads were discussed. There was some good data there too. I’ve separated and prepped the brass and plan on using the nickel ones for the heavy loads. I don’t want to get them mixed up. What you describe is exactly my plan...Unique and a M28.

Thanks again.

Edit to add:

Are those 6.0gr using the 358429 (~170gr) or the lighter 358156 (~160gr)?

User Tag List