Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Montana Bullets Back Up and Accepting orders

Ima fan now!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    If you’re familiar with them, you know they have been down for a while while they sorted out their ordering fraud problem. I have been checking their site on a regular basis waiting for them to get back on their feet. I received an email from Victoria yesterday stating they would turn the website on at 0900 this morning for orders. Sure enough...there it is.

While certainly not the cheapest, the quality of what they cast is museum-like. I used them previously for loading my .44spl GP100, and they are one of the few places that cast all the authentic Keith bullets. I restocked a bit on .44 255gr SWC, and added some #358156 (PB and GC) along with some nice 179gr Keith’s for the .357 and .38.

I’m glad to see them up and running again. I see no reason why the quality should be any different the previous, but I will certainly post my results.

Anyone else here a fan?
    Got my first order today. Just awesome bullets and way they packed them is over the moon.
    I'll order more soon.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    I’m going to revisit the previous disappointing results. Instead of pushing +P+ in the .38spl cases, I’m going to try them in .357mag cases. I’ll post the results as I go along.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To

Revisited With Some Sucess

Had the opportunity to reshoot the previous test. Conditions a bit better. Indoor range this time standing, but barricade braced against wall. 15yds.

#358429 in .38spl cases. A little better than last time. I might play with it around 6.0gr of Unique. That one at high noon was a shank attributed to the guy in the stall next to me touching one off just prior. I just haven’t had as good results as with the #358156. They might shine in .357 brass, but they’re too long for an N-Frame then.

Name:  DAA29230-06A6-4DB7-B67C-7EE831EC1CD8.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  43.7 KB

A bit happier here. The top 3 are loaded with H110, in .357 brass, using the #358156GC. Again, a called flyer on the 15.6gr target on the right. I like this one. It felt stout, but manageable with VERY little smoke.

The plain base #358156 in .38spl cases was a winner too. I shot this exact load before with not-so-good results, so not sure what was going on last range session. Only problem now is my supply of 2400. I need to put an alert into PV or something for when it comes into stock again.

Name:  31C13963-C128-45C6-8E89-C456AD534E5D.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  47.8 KB

Overall much happier this time around. I need to clock both the 2400 (10.5gr) with the #358156 plain base, and the H110 (15.6gr) with the #358156GC. I think both look to be decent choices for a med/med heavy field load.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Montana must be busy.

Not taking online orders for now. Can get coated bullits and targets.

I was lookin to grab some cowboy bullits for 45 Colt Vaquero and saw the notice.

User Tag List