Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weird firewall error?

Just got one, same situation as post 8. It lets me go back 3 pages looking for an already uploaded attachment then locks up and gives me the sucuri block. Running whatever the latest version of Firefox is on Windows 8 or 10.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I'm getting it now, too. Troubleshooting shows that it doesn't like ProtonVPN, which is how I get around my work blocking PF.

I guess I'll have to get (more) creative.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Name:  Screenshot from 2022-11-21 17-53-25.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  47.4 KB

Client is Firefox for Linux Mint, 106.0.1, 64-bit. My box is an older Gateway desktop, reflashed with Linux Mint 21.

And again this morning.

Name:  Screenshot from 2022-11-22 06-21-48.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  48.4 KB

I got it last night, closed the window and came to the site again and tried the same thing that generated it and nothing since...

I deleted the cookies from my browser specifically for pistol-forum.com, and retried. Got same Firewall error as last night and this morning, so the site is not working for me, at all, at this time. It's weird, it seems I can reply to this thread, but no where else I've tried.

Name:  ight.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  54.7 KB
    Last edited by RJ; 11-22-2022 at 07:41 AM.

Site Supporter
    I get that error semi-regularly. It clears up after a while and I like to think it's saving me money by keeping me out of the damn tool and short-term enabling threads. It may or may not be related to the combination of firefox and my VPN (ProtonVPN). I have no idea. The VPN doesn't play well with some sites some of the time.

I tried to update another thread, no luck there either. Same firewall block. This appears to be the only thread on p-f I can update. without getting this:

Name:  Screenshot from 2022-11-22 06-21-48.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  48.4 KB

Same IP, interestingly enough. IDK what's going on. This IP is exactly where I spend most of my time.
    Name:  Screenshot from 2022-11-22 08-48-01.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  28.5 KB

I had been meaning to re-start my VPN (Proton) for a while. So I downloaded the Proton VPN client for Linux Mint, and took the opportunity to refresh my box. I had FF 107 installed as part of that upgrade of 31 packages. I logged in and did a connect to one of the Free servers (US). IP they gave me was in Central Jakarta, Indonesia.

Trying to update a thread, I got EXACTLY the same firewall block as before, just with the new IP.
    Name:  Screenshot from 2022-11-22 09-45-59.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  51.0 KB

Still having issues trying to add a post to certain existing threads this morning, see below. Not using a VPN.

Name:  Screenshot from 2022-11-23 07-20-07.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  48.1 KB

What's odd is I seem to be able to add posts to other threads with no issues.

User Tag List